Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 17 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant decide. I have the 203 and the 205 to do the doubler and I also have the 241. The 241 needs the SYE kit and that cost is about the same as the adapter for the doubler.

Doubler: Two ranges of low range. 2:1 and 4:1

241: Much lighter setup, has a good rating for torque. Has a 2.73:1 (or so) low range.

???????????

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
DOUBLER<chant>DOUBLER<chant>DOUBLER

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well OK. :mrgreen:

I'm doing some trading and I'm getting the 241 in a few days (I've seen it). Do you also want the plastic shifter part that bolts to the floor? The donor vehicle is still there so I can get everything.

Let me get it into my hands before we dicker on anything.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I can get it all except for the tranny ouput shaft.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are you sure you want a 241, I'll sell you my pristine 208 CHEAP, low miles, from grandpas truck, excellent outside condition, ever so slight clunking noise.

Well, on second thought I better keep it for a spare...................BTW are needle bearing suppose to fall out with little chunks of aluminum when the fluid is changed, just thought I'd ask :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All I have is the 241 itself and the adapter to the 700R4.

I might just go ahead and make a post in the For Sale section.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Well I just ordered the doubler today :thumb: Got to keep up with the Jones' :mrgreen:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet! :thumb:

Are you going to have it in by BB04?

I have decided to do the doubler also. I wont have it done this year though. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Yeah I put the blazer on the side burner for now. I will have it done by BB04. My dad is swapping the tailshaft for me so I am only in it for an extra 100.00 for the shaft and seals. I am going just cut down the rear shaft and have one made for the front. I will just talk to you in person about the narrowing project :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool!

I'll have to take some pics of how you do your crossmembers and stuff. Are you going with the 2" rotation on the 205?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah, please take lots of pics and measurements of it... I will have access to a lathe and bridgeport CNC milling machine here soon, and I want to make one or a few...

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Are you going with the 2" rotation on the 205?
Steven talked me out of it due to the configuration that I will have with the 52" springs and 7" lift. I didn't really want to cough up the money for a dual cv style shaft. I will just built a good skid plate/crossmember to make it as smooth as possible.

1 - 16 of 17 Posts