Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got to replace the cat and the muffler on my '92 Dually. I've already got the 3" pipe and have not decided what muffler to get. I dont want a high dollar deal, just something I can go pick up. I dont know if I want a long glasspack or a large Turbo muffler.

Ideas?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
turbo :thumb: I don't like that rappy sound after the glass pack starts to wear out.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long you can put up with me revving it when I pass by your house! :thumb:

Turbo it is.... 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discount muffler here in MH has some off brand welded case mufflers. Exact same construction a flowmaster, but a lot cheaper. Plus he has the V force mufflers that I run, they sound pretty good too. Give him a jingle when you get a sec.

Tim Oller
580-5507
870-4422

Tell him I sent ya his way, then you can check out his prices, he can ship it to ya. Also, he was interested in advertising on here, he does all the exhaust for us local wheelers, and a few from Boise. He does extremely good work for an excellent deal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tell him I sent ya his way said:
Tell him Lumpy sent ya and the price goes way up....I wouldnt do that!!!!

Only one way to go on a muffler Matt -- thats Flowmaster.....

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
those things are too noisy for a DD, IMO.. offroad they sound cool, but a PITA everywhere else...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got some off-brand baffle'd mufflers that are the shape of glasspacks on my rig(chevy 350) they were cheap and small, both BIG factors in my selection

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heck, I havnt done anything about this yet. I'm still working on my broken tranny. :rolleyes:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Doug is right Go flowmaster 40 series. They are worth the money and last. I run them and love em

·
Registered
167 Posts
lehi said:
Doug is right Go flowmaster 40 series. They are worth the money and last. I run them and love em

nuff said best mufflers out there :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts