Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all we are trying to get Chads ramchargers steering arm off. It will not move. I mean it won't move at all we have tried many things. Need suggestions, we can in fact destroy the steering arm if we need to as we have a new one :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
BFH if that doesn't work penetrating oil then the BFH if that doesn't work then the blue wrench :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Yeah, I had to use a torch on the one on the Bronco. Heating it up red hot did not work. I had to cut all the way through it and then beat it with a hammer to open it up. It finnally came off that way.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
ugh

well it looks like i will be torching it!!!!! :banghead: we beat the everliving :scared: out of it, and nothing!!!

on a positive note.... the rear spring perches torched right off and cleaned up real nice!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
not

it's not gunna be tonight! my son had surgury today,and i am working till 9 pm i gotta get some rest.. prolly do it sat morning!! :thumb:

again thanks to eric, cory and scott!!!!!!!! thankx guys!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :beer:

·
Registered
374 Posts
steering arm

hold a bfh on it and pound it with a bigger bfh on the other side so that it is sandwiched between the two bfh's.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I had the same problem and I put a steering arm puller on it and the heated it a bit and it popped right off. If you can borrow one I would try that next time.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
damn.... and I left my truck over there for Eric to mess with... :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts