Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I have been working on a new version of Planet 4x4. My plan on a go date is October 29th early in the morning. I will take the site down so I can move the database over and get everything ready. Hopefully it will go quick and be done in under 30 min (I hope). I will be able to move most everything but the Photo Album. The new Photo Album is very nice (I went and bought one) but I will not be able to do an import. So what you will need to do is save your photo's. If you have any in there, do a right click, and save it to your computer in a folder or something. When the new site is up, you can then load them back up. You will also be able to make your own catagories within your photo album. I can also make club catagories too.

Anyway, I should be able to save everything else.

If you have any questions please post them here.

You are more then welcome to take a look at it and offer suggestions. I still have a grocery list of stuff to do. I also have registration locked down so I can keep the database empty.

If you have any ideas of something that you would like to see, now would be the time. There is another thread that already has some suggestions and I'm working on those.

Here is the link: http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/portal.php

Let me know what you think! :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
385 Posts
One feature I really like is the "view posts since last visit". Are you going to keep that on the new site? New site looks great so far! :beer:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IdJeepGirl said:
One feature I really like is the "view posts since last visit". Are you going to keep that on the new site? New site looks great so far! :beer:
Not a problem! I have that one wrote down and I should be able to add it in. :mrgreen:

Rudezuk said:
But everything else is cool matt!
Wait till you see the banner software. You will have the ability to log in a view your statistics and recieve click through data in emails and such. Very nice. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
keep

yeah keep the "posts since last visit" that is vital.......

One question...what is the size limit of pix in the personal photo album? I Have lots of pix that i can't get small enuff to post but would be nice to put in the album. just wondering whistle

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now its wide open. The two pics that I have in there are Pretty big. I'll riase the limits higher then what is on here. I think I'll set a 200K limit with no size restriction. The software will automatically resize it for viewing.

Before its all over I'll have about $250 in software for it. But I think its worth it.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts