Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd make ya'll aware.

U-Haul has 2 general manager's positions opening up this month in the Boise/Nampa area. $2,800 - $4,000 monthly.

Shoot me a PM and I'll let you know how to apply.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for putting out the info.

Doug, do you work for U-haul? I worked there many years ago (orchard center) when I was going to school.

To me it was a miserable place to work. Some of my best friends worked as GMs and managers for Uhaul and all got burned out and left.

Maybe it is not like that now! Just remembering my time there and how I swore I would finish school so I would never have to work for a place like Uhell (I mean Uhaul) :flipoff: again!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Triple T said:
Maybe it is not like that now
Maybe it is.... maybe it isn't. Depends on what you mean. Yes, it's hard work and pussy's get burned out quick. But, the rewards are there. I'm still happy after 6.5 yrs.

·
Registered
496 Posts
DougK20 said:
Maybe it is.... maybe it isn't. Depends on what you mean. Yes, it's hard work and pussy's get burned out quick. But, the rewards are there. I'm still happy after 6.5 yrs.
No, It wasnt hard work at all. It was actually super easy. That is why it worked well as an part time job.

What I was referring to the demoralization that the employees recieved from both the customer and the management simutaneously.

Customers -

Always pissed because they are stressed out from moving and they make sure the person behind the counter was going to hear about it. We laughed it off but afterwhile it starts to wear.

Management -

Ready at any point to write someone up for simple things (like not following the phone greeting word for word) all the while paying very little.

I am by no means saying that uhaul is a bad place to work now and I once again thank you for posting so that others who are looking for something fun and challenging can throw in a resume.:smokin: Just in the early 90s it was a bizarre place to work.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Triple T said:
I was referring to the demoralization that the employees recieved from both the customer and the management simutaneously.
U-Haul has unique challenges (as all businesses do). That is why we need GOOD managers! If I didn't think the folks on here had what it takes, I wouldn't waste my time.

I am by no means saying that uhaul is a bad place to work and once again thank you for posting so that others who are looking for something fun and challenging can throw in a resume. Just in the early 90's, it was a bizarre place to work.
Bizarre???? Yes, it is! But I can assure you, A LOT has changed in 20 yrs! That's why I have no fear offerring these positions to friends.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the official job description:

Description:

Profitably manage a U-HAUL® center according to company policies and procedures. Ensure customers receive the best service and are provided safe, clean and reliable U-Haul products and services.

Required Skills/Attributes:

Dispatching and receiving rental items, Dispensing propane, Installing hitches on cars and trucks, Automotive/trailer wiring, Storage facilities management, Retail sales, Customer service, Inventory control, Retail open and close operation, Auto-body repair, Computers (basic general knowledge), Parts inventory and order processing, Budgeting, Auditing, Payroll, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Reservations, Credit & Collection, Telemarketing, Typing, Data Entry, Microsoft Word, Custodial

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
pepdaddy said:
Mikey your chance to return to " Team Orange " :idea:

I'll pass. :smokin:

im sure you would make a great manager though, and sense the shop is closing and all, I think you should send ol duggy a PM :deal:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
muddinmike said:
im sure you would make a great manager though
I agree, Pepper! Steady income and sweet benefits :deal: Let me know, I'll get ya an interview tomorrow :smokin:
Thanks Mikey for not saying anything too crazy like 'ole Triple T :goodjob:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
DougK20 said:
Thanks Mikey for not saying anything too crazy like 'ole Triple T :goodjob:
I have my opinions, but they are just that, opinions so I'll keep my pie hole shut.

Dougs right though, steady pay and benifit's :deal:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts