Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out today to find some items security forces found on their patrols. We ended up driving all over like some sort of demented easter egg hunt. We finally found something at one of the 7 points we checked. Anyway, in the process of looking around we got some good off road action in our HMMWV's. I just thought I'd share a few.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Awsome Josh. All I have are these Ford and Dodge diesel bobtails. No offroading allowed. Where are you at??? :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm at Ali (formerly Tallil). I should be getting back sometime around early October. I'm definately gonna want to go out and beat on the Jeep a little when I get back.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
cool. I was there in April 2003 when we set it up. Is there still a HAS down the flightline covered in AMMO spraypaint???

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too sure about the spraypainted HAS. If you know what part of the flightline it is on I can see if I can find it and take some pics.

For anyone who cares here's what we found. There are about 750 25mm HEI-T (High Explosive Incendiary with Tracer) rounds in that picture. It took 30 blocks of C4 to get rid of that, which was all we brought with us. We loaded up just as many in ammo cans and brought them back to base with us.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
YIKES!!! :scared: Keep us posted on how you guys are doing. Thanks for your service! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
josh when i was there it was on the completely on the other side from where the c-130's were. All the way on the left side if you are looking accross the flightline. THere was a hot gun area right accross from the HAS. Keep Safe

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Josh and Lehi and everyone else over there-

Thanks for putting it all on the line. Brings back old memories of a different time and place (Nam- '66-'69). I know how much this is costing you all.

Be safe

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
To me Dawg you guys are the real heros'. At least now we have the support of people like you. If it wasn't for you "old timers" we wouldn't be around right now.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm glad to see you guys get to have a little fun while your over there sacrificing more than I can imagine :deal: thanks for keeping us all safe :thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know I'm not even close to the first to say but thank you all for the work your doing for us to keep us safe and glad you get to have some fun in the process :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts