Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding my motorcycle now as much as possible (45 MPG) and the truck (10 mpg) that used to be my daily driver is only moving when I need it.

How is it affecting you?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not affecting me now that I have figured out that my e-brake has been dragging and that is the reason I was down to 9-10 mpg in the truck. Now I am up to 16-17 again.... So for me, the price of gas just went down....

Although I am driving White Lightning for all of my daily commutes and it gets about 34mpg.... :thumb:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
gas

ugh!!!!! my wife and i drive a combined total of 100 miles a day!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :banghead:

we GOTTA get a house closer to work!!

we could have a lot nicer house for the gas money saved!!!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
gas is killin me here... I hate havin to walk the 100 yards to the shop every day! I'd much rather fire up the ford 460 and drive it over!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Gas is awful around here too! Lucky for me I live 10 minutes away & only go in a few times a week. Not doin too bad. :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
gas is killin me here... I hate havin to walk the 100 yards to the shop every day! I'd much rather fire up the ford 460 and drive it over!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
How many times do I need to tell you, NOT to light your stinky gas farts by that ford to fire it up! Just go to the bathroom and take care of it. :mrgreen: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
the Blazer gets about 5MPG rather it is floored or not (but it sounds GREAT) as the cop told me (mark THE Baby sitter) it was floored when i got pulled over in RIGBY thank God he is AJ's neighbor and cut me a break this one time only! he said. . .

the jeep gets about 18 if danielle drives 11 for some reason with me driving. . .

the honda gets 38 with danielle driving and about 22 if i drive (she dont let me drive that offten)

my feet get the worst about 8 beers to the barbeque and one soda to the sofa. . .

on the side note timed the blazer with the help of shelley's finest and from stop sign to the next one city block was at about 58 MPH and i did not have it teched out that high only at about 3400RPM's i wanna see what that motor is going to be like in the CAMERO

·
Registered
550 Posts
Usually fill the tank in the chevy then when it runs out I start driving the neon (35 mpg) till I start to miss that v8 flowmaster rumble. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
when I drove from CA in the new towrig, it was crazy - gas was $2.75 for the cheap stuff :scared:

The towrig gets 8MPG
The jeep get 16MPG so I drive the jeep to work still

It would cost nearly $100.00 to fill the towrig so it sits at home so I have :beer: :beer: $$$

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I was going to go to Montana this year but gas prices may prevent it my car gets pretty good mileage though just makes me four wheel close to home blazer gets about 9mpg :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
My tow rig 17 mpg loaded and about 19-20 unloaded, I really can't complain tooo much, except the Toy 4 banger only gets about 6-7. And at the sand dunes, well lets just not talk about that! It is still worth the $$$ cuz it is still cheap fun! Till something breaks!

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I am glad the company pays for the gas to get to work and back. I have no idea what the mileage on the 70 blazer is, the wife's car gets 26mpg and she drives 50 miles a day.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's a lot better for me since I changed jobs. Although it does still hurt to pay $56 with the company card to fill up the truck. :scared:

I hardly drive my own truck anymore, mainly cause I go to work, come home and go to bed then start over.

Right now gas is ranging from 1.93-1.97 around here.

·
Registered
401 Posts
:scared: we're at 2.18-2.25.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts