Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things are just cool. Now the obsticles are built out of wood with a combo of spray foam insulation, liquid nail, metal stuff and a bunch of other metal stuff we had laying around.

The hours went by..... :smokin:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cut out every other lug on the "claws" and notice the dramatic diffrence :beer:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mighty mouse brought his by tonight and crawled the landscape bricks piled in my front yard (stacked as a marker of yardwork left to do from last fall) WOW! I want one now. Those things rock. Why didn't they have cool stuff like that when I was a kid? Oh yeah...I was poor.:darn: Ha Ha!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey wildgoose, does mightymouse have the small or the large one? I just had to get my hands on one, should have it by then end of this week. Sort of a belated christmas present. Cant wait to get it and see how it does in the 12" of fresh powder we just got.

·
Registered
213 Posts
swiss said:
Hey wildgoose, does mightymouse have the small or the large one? I just had to get my hands on one, should have it by then end of this week. Sort of a belated christmas present. Cant wait to get it and see how it does in the 12" of fresh powder we just got.
i got the large one it has the steering shift on the fly 4lo 4hi its got some mad flex its pretty sweet

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the large one in the pics. There is also the small one there and its pretty fun too. Kinda hard to get work done with that going on. :darn: :smokin:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind are those? I might have to get out of the nitro stadium trucks.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'll have to bring mine down and we can do some mini comps.

·
Registered
198 Posts
jeepster526 said:
heres a couple I built... los O fun:drive:
Yeah THOSE are sweet. I got the bug after seeng Neals and started surfing and decided I want to more custom than the Nylint but they are so dang expensive I'll probably just have to ride shotgun with Neal or Swiss.:deal: I was looking at a few that come in a kit but the cool one was 350.00 plus you still had to buy the servo's, batteries, radio and all that jazz. Crap thats a good sized down payment on on a 3 speed t-case for my Jeep!

Hey...is that the City of Rocks in the background?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, I've got another one layin around. I ended up trading a kid for some stuff I had that he wanted. You know, they never have cash, but I figured it could be fun. Nothing major, just a little traxxas I can rip around the block with. (I beat up on all the little kids on the block, it's fun, we have a good time) I decided to go with the Nylint for kicks and it's the cheapest I've seen. If I do get serious I may go big. I figured if I liked it I could mod it out. I'm already planning on extending the wheelbase and moving the shocks around. (but I'd hate to void my walmart return policy before I know it's a keeper)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wildgoose said:
Yeah THOSE are sweet. I got the bug after seeng Neals and started surfing and decided I want to more custom than the Nylint but they are so dang expensive I'll probably just have to ride shotgun with Neal or Swiss.:deal: I was looking at a few that come in a kit but the cool one was 350.00 plus you still had to buy the servo's, batteries, radio and all that jazz. Crap thats a good sized down payment on on a 3 speed t-case for my Jeep!

Hey...is that the City of Rocks in the background?
that is the city of rocks. lots of fun to crawl with the RC’s down there.. if you have some fab skills you can build one for about $350 complete. just watch ebay for clod axles. that is probably going to be your best bet for starters. you can use the original motors out of the clod to start with. and upgrade to higher torque motors later. than all you need is an ESC (anywere from $75-$150 depending on the one you get) one servo to start to steer the front you can upgrade to four wheel steer later, and a radio and receiver. you can build every thing else. trust me it is money well spent you well have a lot of fun with one of these things. it is amazing how capable they are.... feel free to ask any questions you might have Ive built a few rccrawlers. here is another one

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
So you have had pretty good luck with the clod axles? I have seen several built with them. I like the look of the axles on the TLT's mostly cause they look like the real thing with the little driveline and all that. I will wait a while. I have WAY too many irons in the fire for quite a while.

On another note, Swiss, Neal (aka Mighty Mouse) and I spent a weekend down at the City of Rocks climbing and repelling. Didn't have an RC along though. That would be a cool place to run one. I was drooling over the crawling spots that would be possible there. We camped in that campground that sits clear back in the middle of a huge rock surrounded on almost all sides. Pretty cool. Actually been down there twice. The year before we had ran down just to see it and repel. Didn't reserve a campground, that was a mistake. Second tiem we geared up and climed. Great place, wish it was closer to Nampa.

·
Registered
308 Posts
We'll have to do it again. I'm looking for ideas for spring break or my long weekends. That was a blast and it's just a little over half way to Nampa from here (I believe)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm up for it and I know Michelle would be. I'm a good 20 Lbs over weight from getting lax lately. That would make it a killer so I will be working out one way or the other.

So...back on subject. Swiss You have a nitro truck too? How much did you pay for your Nylint?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just reg wal mart price. I believe it's 149.99 or something like that. I should get it tomorrow though. So I haven't had a chance to play with it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well, I've been sick lately so I've had a lot of time around the house to piddle. So I ended up getting that walart crawler for a little over a Franklin (they went on sale after christmas) Decided to mess around with it after a bit of playin. I ended up stretching the wheelbase, giving it a tummy tuck (by far the best mod), moving the shock around, and did a comp cut due to the extended wheelbase. I'm still finishin up painting the seats, but overall I'm impressed with these little things.

there are some more on my site, but you get the idea. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123611/6

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like the chop job! That's some serious flex.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts