Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fun Krawl 2007

Presented by Idaho Off-Road and High Desert Off-Road

On behalf of Idaho Off-Road and High Desert Off-Road in alliance with our very own Idaho State 4x4 Association, all net proceeds will be donated to the Blue Ribbon Coalition to support very important land access preservation efforts; most specifically, to help fight land closure efforts surrounding Moab, Tellico, Rubicon, and many others in the Eldorado National Forest.

So, bring your 4x4 and have a good time competing with friends and help raise money for a GREAT cause!!

Boise Spring Works and Ammerman's Exhaust are official sponsors this year!! Thank you Russ, Chuck, and Tom!

Many others are donating personal funds as well. If you would like to help by becoming an Event Sponsor or by donating any amount, please bring it to the event or call Kevin Mereness @ (208) 863-1718 or any other IOR/HDO representative.

Download and Print this announcement: Fun Krawl.pdf

Event Site
4913 Southside Blvd., Nampa, ID

Map Link

Event Date
Oct. 6th, 2007

Event Schedule
8:00 AM Competitor Registration & Tech Inspection

9:00 AM Competitor Driver’s Meeting / Open Gates to Spectators

10:00 AM Competition Begins

Entrance Fees
Competitor Entrance Fee $10.00
Spectator Entrance Fee $3.00 6 years old and younger are free

Concessions will be provided—(hot dogs, hamburgers, chorizos, etc.)

Awards
Trophies will be awarded for each vehicle class in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!

Safety Rules & Vehicle Classifications
In an attempt to simplify the classifications and ensure we have plenty of time for all competitors, classes are limited to Mild, Wild, and Buggies.

1. Mild Class: Any production vehicle with tire size up to and including 35" tall.

2. Wild Class: Any production vehicle with tire size over 35" tall.

3. Buggies: Any purpose-built non-production vehicles with any size tire.

Important Notice
Rock crawling is an inherently dangerous sport. Each competitor assumes that risk when he or she participates in as Event. The risk of serious injury or vehicle damage cannot be eliminated and, in fact, will always be present at a high level. Competitors are urged to advise their spouses and next of kin, if any, of this fact. By competing, all competitors, both spotter and driver, agree to the following.

In consideration of being permitted to participate in any event sponsored, promoted, or directed by Idaho Off-Road, High Desert Off-Road, and Idaho State 4x4 Association, the competitor for himself/herself, his/her personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby releases Idaho Off-Road, High Desert, and Idaho State 4x4 Association and their respective officers, promoters, sponsors and volunteers (“releasers”) of all liability to the competitor, whether caused by negligent act or omission of releasers or otherwise while the undersigned is for any purpose participating in such event. It is fully understood by each of the competitors that there is some inherent risk associated with this event, including damage to vehicles and injury or death to the individual.

In addition, the competitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the releasers from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they incur due to such participation by the competitor, whether caused by releasers’ negligence or otherwise, and agrees to assume full responsibility and risk for bodily injury, death, or property damage from releasers’ negligence or otherwise while the competitor is participating in this event.

Each Competitor acknowledges and represents the following while competing:

1. That he or she has read the foregoing release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement.

2. That he or she does at all times, while riding in a vehicle participating in this event, wear his or her respective seat belts and helmet.

3. That the owner/driver certifies that he or she has inspected their vehicle and that the same certifies it to be in proper mechanical condition for participation in rock crawling competition.

4. That the owner/driver has informed himself/herself about the event, either by prior participation or by investigation into the sport of rock crawling.

5. That the driver or any other person(s) in a vehicle participation in this event may choose to bypass any obstacle and, therefore, assumes all risk and liability, as indicated above.

Please Be Aware
Although safety is generally everyone’s concern and certainly the concern of the promoters, the final responsibility rests on the competitors. Competitors can, at any time, choose to bypass any obstacle or area where they feel uncomfortable or unsafe driving.

Safety Rules
The judge has the right but not the responsibility to advise spotters and drivers of unsafe acts. Further, any act deemed unsafe by a judge is to immediately be discontinued. Failure to comply can result in an immediate point out and the team will be asked to move to the next obstacle. Safety requirements include, but ate not limited to:

Valid Driver's License
Each driver must show proof of a valid driver's license. Competitors under the age of 18 must have parental consent.

Seat Belts
Seat belts must be worn at all times while driving or riding in a vehicle during an event. This includes all passengers and time ran between obstacles as well as time to and from the event site.

Winch Cable
A weight bag must be used prior to tensioning any steel cable. Winch ropes do not need a weight bag when tensioning.

Loose Articles
All items must be securely fastened to prevent injury in the event of a rollover. Coolers, misc. parts, and so forth are to be removed from the vehicle prior to each obstacle.

Fire Extinguisher
Each vehicle must have mounted on the roll cage a fire extinguisher that is accessible.

Helmets
All competitors riding in a vehicle must wear a DOT approved helmet while competing. Spotters must wear head protection made with a hard shell material while on an obstacle. Don't worry if you don't own a helmet as there will be plenty of them around to share.

Medical Conditions
Teams must advise the event staff of any medical conditions that they may have that would affect their ability to perform or become a concern during competition.

First Aid
First aid kits containing medical tape, gauze, band-aids, and wrap are required in each vehicle.

Drugs/Alcohol
Drugs and alcohol will not be permitted in any degree during competition. Competitors who are found to be consuming or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol during competition will be disqualified from the event they are participating in.

If you have any questions or need clarification on any rules, requirements, or vehicle classifications please call Kevin Mereness @ 208 863-1718 or email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Sorry I will also miss it do to Moab.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
dang.....this has always been well worth the drive.........have fun. sorry to miss it...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
This is an awesome event and I love what you are doing with the proceeds! I may be able to find someone to carpool with, we will see.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks like the proceeds all go to very good causes. But does anything stay in Idaho to fight land closures here? Just curious.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I should really try to get the jeep back together by then. I had a lot of fun last time I went.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You won't believe the course this year! Howard Shields (IOR Prez) found 6 side dump loads of Samurai-sized boulders that have been added to the existing course at Bill's. I am not kidding! This thing is going to be MASSIVE!! :shocked:

If you guys can make it, I guarantee you won't regret it!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks like the proceeds all go to very good causes. But does anything stay in Idaho to fight land closures here? Just curious.
Pocatello Based !

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fun Krawl is coming up in less than 3 weeks!! Put it on your calendars and get your rigs ready!!:drive:

This is going to be the best Fun Krawl ever!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
You won't believe the course this year! Howard Shields (IOR Prez) found 6 side dump loads of Samurai-sized boulders that have been added to the existing course at Bill's. I am not kidding! This thing is going to be MASSIVE!! :shocked:

If you guys can make it, I guarantee you won't regret it!!
With the rocks that we found for NM Motorfest, it was 9 semi truck loads!!
With the help of a Sommer Construction front end loader and Bill, THIS COURSE WILL BE AWSOME!!

By showing our support for others areas of concern, Moab, Rubicon, which are our concern also, maybe others will come to our rescue if needed!! I think that money raised for BRC will show good faith. BRC plans on sending a rep and information to the event.
:deal:

Howard
IOR Prez

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys,

Just a reminder that this is a major opportunity to show support for our clubs and our love of four wheeling.

I know some of you have decided to attend other functions, but please reconsider. This is a joint effort to raise money to keep our trails open. We have received some fantastic donations from local companies that are serious about helping us fight the good fight.

This Fun Krawl is always a great event and we all enjoy the rock crawling, but it is much bigger than that. We have to work together at times like this and make some sacrifices to raise money to keep our trails open! This is one of the best opportunities we have each year to do that.

I really want to encourage every one of you to show up and support this great cause.

Thank you,

Kevin Mereness
208 863-1718

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well, since you can't be in two places at once, what are the "other" events doing to help keep our trails open? This will be a great event and is only held one time per year.
Where else can you find a 12 foot rock wall on private property??
Come check it out!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No kidding JT.

I went out and tested it out yesterday. I have a 104" wheelbase and I was completely vertical with about 3 more feet to go before my front tires reached the top! It was awesome!!

You guys have to come check this out!! There is nothing like it around here now.. It makes Meat Grinder look like a Walmart parking curb.

Plus, there are some really cool expansions to the Mild course. This is going to be great!!

C'mon everybody. Let's do this!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ditto what JT and Kevin are saying. What other LOCAL event is raising this kind of money to help keep our trails open. I don't blame the guys from heading on down to Moab, if I hade those plans made I would keep them also. But, remember, you can go because of organizations like the BRC.
If you are going to another LOCAL event, please reconsider. I don't care how stock or how built you rig is, there will be something for you at the Fun Krawl.
Bill has built a SICK rock pile, with help of Sommer Construction's front end loader.
Kevin scared the crap out of Bill, Joe and I yesterday. Damn near scratched his pretty new front drive line!!! :drive:

Hope to see you there.

Howard
Prez
IOR

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Agreed about the BRC etc.; and very nice to know the fun crawl is supporting them. But maybe in the future-more consideration be put forth into looking into other posted events that might conflict. Same thing happened last year with Wieser's event-and it's date has been published for a year now. I do realize that you cannot please everyones calandar-some folks may have to make a choice on which to attend. Considering where the event proceeds are going should help folks to decide what to do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts