Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing the full hydro steering this weekend(it's been in the garage for over two months now!). I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but it steers nice on the jack stands!! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
steve, I dont meen to sound like a broken record...But it needs more triangulation.

You have over a thousand pound of force there, with out a gusset back to to the axle, the first time you are slightly bound up, it will rip the mount off, or bend it so bad your ram will be trashed.

You have a good start there though :D

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
I thought that in the first picture Shane. But in the pictures afterwards it looks as tho at least the front is boxed in, if the rear is done as well it should actually be overkill.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I thought that in the first picture Shane. But in the pictures afterwards it looks as tho at least the front is boxed in, if the rear is done as well it should actually be overkill.

Actually, after reading your post, I can see it now, although a bit dark...

And your right, with the way he boxed that in, it would be way overkill on the rear too!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Looks sweet steve! :thumb: now go wheeling and post up pics....i have much web wheeling to do! :lame:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Steve, I'm totally jealous! Hopefully, when I get your hydro assist and get it on my truck, I won't smoke the pumps like you did!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Looks really good. Can't wait to see it in action this weekend.:thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!!

I didn't get any pics of the finished product before I painted, so it makes it kinda hard to see. I boxed the front in and just for good measure put some small gussets in the rear also. One to the long side of the top plate and one from the passenger side leg to the axle tube. I don't think I really needed them, but I figured you can't have too many.

I bought this system from POS and I have about $1900 into it altogether. I think I could have found a cheaper system, but POS is supposed to be the best.

Steve

·
Registered
496 Posts
Steve,

Your going to love the hydro steer! Good choice on going double ended ram too.

As far as driving on the street, I have a self centering load reactive double ended ram setup. It is super smooth and I have "some" tactile feel but I would never run this setup on the street at any speed over 35 MPH.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good enough for me, Assist will work better in my application. I need to be able to drive my rig in case of Zombie attack!

:drive:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts