Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its on my 78 Blazer witha 350. It ran perfect before it sat for 2 years. Ill start with everything that has been replaced or new. Cap, rotor, plugs, wires. Fuel pump, 2 fuel filters, fuel pressure regulator and gauge (running 5 pounds at idle). Dropped Tank and checked for dirt and debris. Have went through 3 different 1406's. Now for the problem. I can take the carb off, open it up, clean it all out (last few times, nothing it it but alot of gas)and put it back on and it runs like a bat outa hell for a couple days (I commute 64 miles a day). Then will start crapping out like its flooding itself. I am at a loss and thought Id ask some of the experts. Any other suggestions out there? :angryfir:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Did you drain the tank??? Sounds like a sticky float or water in the tank. Kind of hard to tell without looking at it in person.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Even with standard fuel filters fine silt still gets by it. I had this problem with an old dumptruck of ours. I had two fuel filters on it and still the float bowls would fill up with silt and cause the carb to have all kinds of problems. I would clean it out and she would run for a while and do the same thing again. I finally put on a filter designed for fuel injected engines, the filter media in them filters out finer particles. Dodge cars use one that has regular hose barb type ends.

Also, any water in the tank will eventually find it's way to the carb and cause it to spit, sputter and die.

Drain the tank, rinse it out, and put on a good filter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thats a good idea aobut the fuel injected filter, will probably try that. Yes I did drain the tank and nothing was in there when it was reinstalled. I did forget to mention I set the floats to 15/16 and 1/2 to try to lean it out and that didnt work either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts