Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is the deal I recently broke my front D30 “Suprise, Suprise”. So I went to the wrecking yard and picked up a solid axle shaft out of a grand Cherokee to eliminate the two piece axle shaft on the passenger side. (great swap) however the original seal does not fit the new axle....I know I am not the only person in the world who has made this swap so my question is will the seal in the grand work in my axle or do I need to get some custom seal from somewhere.. any help would be great

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Hey man, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who owns a diff shop and he said to his knowledge knowone make the right seal. The axle houseing is not machined properly for the grand cheroke seal. The only way to do that is to swap the whole houseing. He told me he had heard that Randy's R&P had made one, but knowone at Randy's knew anything about this. Once again, this was just to his knowledge. Sorry :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Grand Cherokee shaft is the same as a late model Cherokee. All you need is an axle seal from a mid 90s Cherokee and there you have it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts