Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many axles and parts do you need to have in the front yard to be considered a "*******". Nobody wanted to buy my Jeep parts :darn: , so I may as well give them away :thumb: . Most of the parts came off an 82' CJ-5 with low miles. :deal:

1982 Jeep CJ-5 parts:
front dana 30 axle, 4.10s.
rear Amc model 20 axle, 4.10s
front and rear driveshafts
front and rear leaf springs w/AAL
front and rear spring plates and shackles
nerf bars
t-176 4 spd. transmission, 3.52 1st gear, and bellhousing. $100 obo (This tranny is used mainly in I-6 and V-8 jeeps with a few 4 cyl. The bellhousing will allow you to bolt up to a chevy v-8 with this transmission.)
Gm 4 cyl. 151 cid "Iron Duke" engine

Jeep Wrangler parts:
Front leaf springs
New rear fender flares $15

Gm parts:
Steering box and pump
np205 transfer case
np203 ?, full time transfer case

Ooooohhh, if you want to pick it up you can have it. I sometimes get to the Boise area but have limited space to haul.
PM me if you would like more info or to pick up any parts.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
4whlflop said:
How many axles and parts do you need to have in the front yard to be considered a "*******". Nobody wanted to buy my Jeep parts :darn: , so I may as well give them away :thumb: . Most of the parts came off an 82' CJ-5 with low miles. :deal:

1982 Jeep CJ-5 parts:
front dana 30 axle, 4.10s.
rear Amc model 20 axle, 4.10s
front and rear driveshafts
front and rear leaf springs w/AAL
front and rear spring plates and shackles

nerf bars
t-176 4 spd. transmission, 3.52 1st gear, and bellhousing. $100 obo (This tranny is used mainly in I-6 and V-8 jeeps with a few 4 cyl. The bellhousing will allow you to bolt up to a chevy v-8 with this transmission.)
Gm 4 cyl. 151 cid "Iron Duke" engine

Jeep Wrangler parts:
Front leaf springs
New rear fender flares $15

Gm parts:
Steering box and pump
np205 transfer case
np203 ?, full time transfer case

Ooooohhh, if you want to pick it up you can have it. I sometimes get to the Boise area but have limited space to haul.
PM me if you would like more info or to pick up any parts.
does the second red sentence negate the underlined first, or is it 100 even with the drive from boise?
still interested if it doesnt.
and does this tranny have a t-case, or will one of the 200 series bolt to it?

or in other words, can I use your parts to un q-trac my Heep, and give it a 4 speed? 76 360 powered Cherokee.
And will the purple highlighted do much if anuthing to enhance the ride heigth and or off road performance of this thing, as well as perform the SOA on the front I want to do.

and will the nerf bars go on this? w/o too much struggle, (I kno I kno a torch and a welder...............)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
yeah and take me outta the loop, the more I think about it, I will maintain this thing for her but if she wants a crawler, then she needs to get serious about it herself, as in
be courageous enuff to try low range.....
then at least be brave enuff to try a 2.5 rated trail.....
then find her limits.....
then figure out if she wants to exceed them.....
then figger out what that will take.....
so on and so forth.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parts are gone. The Rock Man picked them up today.:beer: After seeing his Jeep, I now have some motivation to get out and working on mine. Now I just need more money and time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts