Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
37" Krawlers/Mud Grapplers/Iroks and TJ body armor

I got my axles and suspension bought, just need some small misc TJ build stuff. List:

-Tube fenders
-rocker protection
-front bumper
-winch
-comp corners
-might be interested in a cage too

Still need some 37" tires! Looking for Krawlers, Mud Grapplers, or Iroks! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Going to one tons on the TJ and I need to start collecting parts before I come home from the desert. Looking for the following: Pre-92' Ford Kingpin front 60, complete Cab and Chassis (63" WMS) 14 bolt 37" or larger tires, would prefer 37s though. Krawlers, Mud Grapplers, radial Iroks, MT/Rs, etc cheaper coilovers if you got 'em other misc build parts, lockers, gears, etc I'm also looking for TJ trail protection. Tube fenders, comp cut corners, rockers, etc. I'll also need DOM tubing and the joints for them but I'll most likely be ordering those. I'll be home in May, just looking for parts right now. [email protected], thanks.
I was in Intermountain Auto wrecking here in Rigby the other day and they had a narrow 14 bolt sitting on the rack with their other axles that looked like it might have been out of a cab and chassis. Worth a look.

Weren't the narrow 14 bolts also available in vans?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks K10. When I get back I'll have to give them a call.

Custom - yeah, looking for a kingpin 60, sorry.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just an FYI you can make a single wheel 14 bolt a C&C width axle by changing to dually hubs (from a C&C or pickup axle). The van axles are wide. About 70" I believe. Are you planning on narrowing the front to match the rear or what?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, narrowing the front HP60 to 65" WMS, rear 14B C&C is about 63.5" WMS so it should work out prefect. All going under a TJ. I still haven't gathered any parts though :(

Still need:

HP60, Ford, Pre-92
C&C 14B
gears for above, lockers too
brackets
wheels
tires (37+)
steering stuff
tube fenders
rockers
crusher corners
driveshafts

If anyone has any of that stuff let me know :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
For axles that size I would suggest you go to at least a 39.5 or shave as much off the pumpkins as possible. If you don't you'll have a couple of boat anchors. A wheel base stretch wouldn't be a bad idea either. Sounds like it will be pretty nice when you get it done.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might step up to 39s, but it's still a DD. I want to stretch it but I don't know if I'll have the cash for that. If I have the extra 1K or so it takes to stretch it then you'll see it in the build ;) The biggest obstacle is the gas tank. I want to keep the cargo space in the rear and I would have to get a gas tank that would allow me to stretch the rear at least 4" without getting in the way of the tank. GenRight makes a tank, as does Nth Degree but both are $800 and $650. BTF supposedly makes a tank that is affordable so I'll have to check them out when I get back. Lots of stuff to order ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are a decent amount of 14 b ff in junk yards around Boise, Meridian, Nampa for 150.00 to 250.00 hope this helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys! I actually just bought some axles, went the 3/4 ton route due to funds and driveability.

Here's what I need now:

35 spline 9" ARB or third member
Rubicon Express LA lift (5.5)
crusher corners or comp corners
tube fenders
sliders
5x5.5 bolt pattern wheels
37" Krawlers or Mud Grapplers (street compound)
cage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I might be running a 31 spline rear end for the time being. I got the axles and suspension taken care of, still looking for some wheels and tires.

If anyone has a set of 37" Krawlers please PM ME!!!

Looking for TJ body armor as well. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts