Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of our 9 day road trip. We had an amazing time!

First place that we went was our 20 hour trek to Globe AZ for the first We-Rock event, where we placed 12th out of 30. The field was very tight and only 50 points was the difference between 8th and 12th, and less than 10 points from 10th to 12th. This was mine and Todds first event together, and by the end of the second day we were like a well oiled machine......Look for us to be a top 10 team this year! :D

Here are a couple of pics from the Globe event first.

Todd earning his keep

A little full throttle action on course B3.

Tech inspection enjoying a couple of cold ones..

Amber getting ready to kick some butt :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We left Globe on Sunday night, headed north about 3 hours stayed for the night, then on Monday we got up and finished our 10 hour drive to Moab UT. This was my second time there, and Todd, Amber and Marisa's first.

It was a busy week for us there, Tuesday we did the PrimeMedia trail ride through Upper Heldorado.

An amazing trail, tough and techincal and huge rocks!

Here is a pic of us at the top of the waterfall, pic from Chris Gieger.

Story about the waterfall here...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463199

We saw the Twin Falls boys while we were out there, winchin the waterfall....

We finished up the medai run, and headed in for round two that after noon with a couple of competitors, but no cameras the second trip through.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wednesday, was a relaxing day for us. We meet up with the boys from Crane High Clearance. Chris, Joe and Chubba. Played around on potatoe salid hill. First the Girls mobbed it.

Then the boys got to play....Here is Chris Crane driving the buggy for the first time.

Then we went to play on Lions Back. We took people for rides up and down Lions back, and completed 7 trips that day up and down the huge rock.

When we pulled into the parking lot, we found some wild life.....I had to pick it up:D It was a 6' long bull snake:D

Here are some shots from Lions Back, While we were there we meet up with Jody Everding and Aaron from PRP Seats as well.

On top of the world :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wednesday night was a long night with an invitation only dinner and then leaving the bar at 130 AM.....It was an early start on thursday morning too. We meet up with a group at Potatoe Salid hill for a big clean up party at 6AM. That was a huge success, and if you go to Moab next year you will see us all including an interview with Todd and I on channel 21.

From there we went to put the car on display for Crane at the trade show.

We were there for a few hours and then headed out to the Crawl Magazine Media run. This took place out at area BFE where we tackled a new trail called Britney Spears. This trail got its name because its a "Short B*tch".....and its short, and a b*tch to get through :D

Here is the bottom of the trail....

While on the trail, we wanted to go all the way to the top...No one has ever done it before...........Probably the toughest wheeling I have ever done!

But we made it! Here is us driving back out of it....The rest of the pics you will have to wait for the mag to come out :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thursday night included another invitational dinner, and then the Dirt Sports party:thumb:

Friday morning we meet up with Maxxis for the team photo shoot. This took place on Hells Revenge...........What an awesome trail that is! Rocks go on for ever, and so do the black marks on them as this was the 40th aniversery of the Easter Jeep Safari.

And some more..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saturday we ended up getting to do a private photo and video shoot with Maxxis, and we got to watch the XRRA rock race event.

We got home at 4 am on sunday, and we are all ready to head back!

If any of you have ever thought about going to Moab, its well worth the trip! You will never find wheeling like this any where else in the world.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Cool pics. Looks like you had lots of fun. Do you know when the articles are coming out with the rest of the pics?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Nice! I've been wanting to check out the area BFE site. Have to this fall.

Now I've got some more pics for the front page rotation. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Cool. They wanted $10 a rig to drive on Lion's Back... :lame:

I saw the buggy at the show, didn't realize it was yours...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nate said:
Cool. They wanted $10 a rig to drive on Lion's Back... :lame:

I saw the buggy at the show, didn't realize it was yours...
To give you a little history on that....

The property is privately owned, There is a travel company that is trying to buy that property, level everything that is there and build condos there.

Yeah it sucks to pay $10 to use it, but i will gladly pay even $20 to use it this year so i can come back and enjoy it next year.

And you didnt realize that was my buggy??? Where ya been??:darn:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have some videos with a buggy with "rudezuk" on the hood... not yours? Yeah, I don't really pay much attention to the buggy world, though they are cool.

I wanted to drive on it since it's pretty famous... but not worth $10 for me. It was either drive on Lion's Back or eat supper. :thumb:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sweet pics, looks like the buggy is working quite nicely.:beer:

Are those big orange things behind the seats speakers?

Wish I could have been there; good luck on the season.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nate said:
I have some videos with a buggy with "rudezuk" on the hood... not yours? Yeah, I don't really pay much attention to the buggy world, though they are cool.

I wanted to drive on it since it's pretty famous... but not worth $10 for me. It was either drive on Lion's Back or eat supper. :thumb:
Was it a green on, I had a green 3 seat buggy in '03, it had a license plate on it that said Rudezuk.

I dont know of any other rudezuk's out there...:confused:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
leadfoot said:
Sweet pics, looks like the buggy is working quite nicely.:beer:

Are those big orange things behind the seats speakers?

Wish I could have been there; good luck on the season.:thumb:
That is from our newest sponsor....Loud Liquid.com

Awesome speakers, I even rolled on them and they are still working perfect:D

We are working with them to come out with an affordable 4wd speaker setup to mount to roll cages.

They will have a poly case (like mine) except they will hold 6.5" speakers.

colors will vary, and they will come loaded with speakers and clamps for about $200 a pair.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I love it when I am on the trail and I get to listen to 80's rock blaring out of speakers from vehicles with no top. I always seems to ad to the experience. Yes, I am easily irritated.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol...
got sand in your vanaynay Scott?
lol..
I like listening to early 90's metal when i'm wheeling... :flipoff:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AJ Johnson said:
lol...
got sand in your vanaynay Scott?
lol..
I like listening to early 90's metal when i'm wheeling... :flipoff:
LOL, AJ!!

We listened to a little bit of everything...Some country, hip hop, metal, classic rock...

Everyone we wheeled with kept wanting us to turn it up:thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts