Sell & Wanted Listings: Deleting vs Reposting vs Follow-up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the protocal or an opinion poll on:

1. Reposting sell items and Deleting original listing

2. Follow-up/update posting with all replies, found, sold, still looking, etc...

3. Reposting sell items and not deleting original listing

I see pages and pages of listings which would be difficult to find or sell an item, so I am putting it out there for some kind of a standard that the community and/or administrator here would be happy with setting. There may be a standard that I don't know about yet.

I think that there are probably pros and cons to each or a better option. What do you think?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Its has been suggested to me and I like it also, that I can set an automatic pruning of for sale or wanted threads for a certain time period. I was thinking of six months but I could set it for three months. After that time, the post would simply disappear.

What do you think?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I would tend to agree with Sandman here. As much as I enjoy reading all the replies, it can suck to have dredge through 20 replies to see what is still available, and sometimes conversations about the item can lead to 20 replies in and of it self,
pm me, pm sent, cleaned out pm box, re pm me, etc.

·
Registered
545 Posts
How about something more like a classified section. I'm not a programmer or nuthin, but maybe you could use the same type of script as you use for the virtual garage. If you want to sell something you just enter in who, what, when, where etc... and then all items for sale are listed on the same page, or maybe broke into main categories such as tires, axles, motor, etc...

Something along the lines of the micron on-line classifieds available to the employee's. I know a few of you know what I am talking about, and may be able to explain it better. It may cut down on server space, or it may not casue I don't know jack about web-hosting.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think 3 months is plenty long. If it doesn't sell in three months, its either over priced, or not desirable at that time.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've seen the classifieds that you are talking about and that would be a good option I think for the future. Right now, I dont think there is the traffic to justify it, but that might change this next year. I'll throw it on the long list of stuff to do.

Right now, I'll set the posts for a three month time out. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I was the one that suggested this to Matt a while back. I sugested anything over a month, though perhaps 3 months would be better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts