Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one went from a flowmaster 40 series to the Super 44 ? Flowmasters newest muffler. It is not the same as the Super 40. Less baffles and smaller then the Super 40.
If any one has made the change how do you feel about it ?

Flowmaster, Inc.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I run a couple 40s and the noise is just fine by me...but irritates the crap out of a seven block area. Loud.

I can't remember the cut-away exactly, but it seems the 40s didn't have much in the way of baffles. If the 44s are less baffled they'll be boomier (is that a word?) And fargin' loud. Is that what you're looking for?

-Mikey-

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can't remember the cut-away exactly, but it seems the 40s didn't have much in the way of baffles. If the 44s are less baffled they'll be boomier (is that a word?) And fargin' loud. Is that what you're looking for?

-Mikey-
I would agree. From the Flowmaster site,

"The Super 44 is the most aggressive, deepest sounding street and strip muffler Flowmaster has ever made! ..... If you want to really hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside your vehicle the Super 44 is for you."

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
sweet I want some

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just made the swap from 40 to 44. It is a tad deeper and poppier. Sounds pretty good. If you have headers on that Lehi it'll sound real good. What size exhaust do you run ?
Harvey it really isn't much louder if at all. Just a little deeper rumble.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I like the throaty, loud exhaust, but my inline six still sounds silly with a free flowing muffler. I run a magnaflow that I really like. Almost no sound until you drop the hammer, then it sounds really good(for six cylinders of fury).

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I run 2 1/2 and I have 40s on now but I am thinking about switching back to manifolds because I keep ripping my exhaust apart because of flexing the springs into the collector area.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I thought your YJ was a 4 banger :rotfl:

I like the throaty, loud exhaust, but my inline six still sounds silly with a free flowing muffler. I run a magnaflow that I really like. Almost no sound until you drop the hammer, then it sounds really good(for six cylinders of fury).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts