Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out and did some trail riding north of Lucky Peak. Couldn't find any mud so we decided to flex them a bit. Here are some pics. Did a little teeter tottering :drive:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
don't mean to be an ass or anything but please stay on the trail...you were seen today off of the beaten path and that's the reason's we get areas shut down. Do you remember a gunshot?

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
i really like the top on the blazer.....

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I am sure he didn't fire at them. Take a Prozac. Tread lightly is important to all land users.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I shouldn't have been flexing there. :darn: That was not my intention for the day it was to drive up the trail and do a basic driving test of the rig and smoke out any issues. That brings up a good point. Where is a good place to do some flexing to test a rig, and some mudding? I wish someone with more experience of the off road areas could post a map on Planet 4x4 of places to do differerent types of obstacles, or point me to one if there is such a thing. I dont have time to join a club, at this point, to learn the areas that way, maybe in the future. So I have learned 3 things from this trip. One I need to learn more wheeling areas, Two I have a front fender rub issue, and Three I still have a fuel problem.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Very nice blazer!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Is that area open BLM land? I remember Chris telling me there are some areas around here that are open land... ie you can make your own road and BLM is ok with that.

Or maybe I'm cofused with something else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is that area open BLM land? I remember Chris telling me there are some areas around here that are open land... ie you can make your own road and BLM is ok with that.

Or maybe I'm cofused with something else.
The problem we've been running into down here in Utah is that even if it's open travel they like the new road to have a purpose ie they like it to go somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Blacks Creek is a good place formud and you can go around the backside to flex

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Ok here is the deal:

I was the one on the mountain who witnessed the jeep, not only flexing, but going up further on the hill and driving through the sagebrush. This area is very clearly posted to stay on designated roads and trails. We would like this area to remain open, but people like this are going to get the road closed.

BLM is looking for a reason to close this road year round, it is currently seasonal. I have no problems with the flexing. No harm there, but going to the extreme of driving through the sage in a posted area......

Just use your heads everyone and please keep our mountains open.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Yeah I shouldn't have been flexing there. :darn: That was not my intention for the day it was to drive up the trail and do a basic driving test of the rig and smoke out any issues. That brings up a good point. Where is a good place to do some flexing to test a rig, and some mudding? I wish someone with more experience of the off road areas could post a map on Planet 4x4 of places to do differerent types of obstacles, or point me to one if there is such a thing. I dont have time to join a club, at this point, to learn the areas that way, maybe in the future. So I have learned 3 things from this trip. One I need to learn more wheeling areas, Two I have a front fender rub issue, and Three I still have a fuel problem.

Ok im done with the rant. On a helpful note, Blacks Creek reservoir is open year round, has mud, sand, and steep dirt hills to play on. On the north side of the dam, there is rocks as well. Just stay off the south side of the dam where it is posted.

But there is something for everyone out there, its close to home and its legal...

Hope this helps.

Yeah lehi beat me to it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts