Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other FJ 40 owners in here?

Mines a '76 with a chev 327 and a chev powersteering conversion done to it. I also have a hydraulic winch on it. Just finished an 80% restoration. I also had an overdrive unit installed when the motor was put in. Cruises pretty good down the road now. Got a locker in the front but not the rear. I'll have my brothers kid put up a pick next time I see him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry Boon.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You better keep us posted on progress --- That looks like its going to be a bad ass ride..............................

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
wasn't that sitting down on crowley rd in idaho falls for a long time??? super cool!! :drive: :bowdown:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm just going to start gathering parts......when I have enough to start then I will, hopefully next summer:thumb: I have another project I want finish first.

Chad, it could be, he has had it for a long time, I made a deal to trade some work for it, my wife thinks it's hers..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Jared, it came with a windshield frame, I'm not going to run doors or a top, thanks anyways though:thumb:

If you have a couple D60's for cheap I might take those off your hands:flipoff: LOL

·
Registered
468 Posts
ive got one im restoring right now. just have paint left to do. Its staying stock though. Might do a little lift on it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Worked on 2 of them when I was in Anchorage. One was a 74 that was semi-running, roomate got for $300. I rebuilt the carb, replaced some ignition stuff, etc... anyway sold it for $700 I think. Body was really rusty.

2nd one is a 72, my other roomate, Hoov, is building. Put in a Chev 350, FJ40 4 speed trans with the 3 speed T Case. Disc brake conversion, lock rights, FJ55 springs in the back, 38x14.5 Ground Hawgs.

·
Registered
341 Posts
< The 40, this is the result of three years and piecing together 2 40s to make one. Rebuilt massaged 2F, SM465, 3 spd xfer, SOA, SR, Flipped springs, Locked front and rear.
Also have a 71 FJ55 that is in the process of getting de-rusted. For a previous Calif vehicle it was in sad shape. Later 2F, 4 Spd, 4 speed case with fairey overdrive. Needs to do an SOA and finish the chopped top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts