Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at it all day.. ensuring EVERYTHING was even... level... centered.. you name it.. :D

The motor mounts are fabbed, but ran into a slight problem with the steering shaft.. it intersects the driver mount :mad: .... so I channeled it... its not done yet, but will be tomorrow.. the mount.. not the install..

I used the 360 mounts with the center of the 4 slots cut away, 1/4" plate with caddy pattern welded to the top of it.. then had to space it out 3/16" on each side off the framerails... not too bad...

I would like to thank Pete ( Crazy_Jeepman) for all the help and assistance he had provided me on this along the way...

I was able to retain the heater core with no mods.. this is due to the 3" bodylift... WHEW!!!

The HB (Hydroboost Brake unit) clears with ease....

the pic is nose-high since I was working on fabbing the mounts when I took the pic.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's sweet. Love them caddy motors!!! I know exactly where your coming from with the all day leveling, centering and aligning. You only get to do it once so might as well do it perfect the first time. I think my caddy was in and out a dozen times the weekend I fitted mine in. Nice work. Clean looking engine too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more progress

thanks!!! Ya know how it is... YOU KNOW its right.. but you keep second guessing yourself... LOL

anyway... long day today....

l.. I overcame the steering issues.. DONE!!!

Here are some pics of the modified mount and after install, betore paint. I used 1/4" thick tubing and channeled the mount. PERFECT FIT!! :D

And more progress on the cleanup... its a dark photo.. but you can get the idea...

before

after

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Looks Great RB!
I'd love to get ahold of a caddy 500 for some of my projects, but all the ones around here seem to have 'disappeared'... :banghead:
anyhoo, keep up with the progress reports and pics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts