Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the first meeting everyone wanted to get a trip together as soon as we could. So we will be having our first group outing on May 1st. This will be a snow wheeling trip in the south hills. We will meet and leave Unit 54 in Burley at 8 am. We will head up trapper creek and over towards rock creek.

·
Registered
46 Posts
meeting place is Unit 54 (gas station), take exit 208, head south into Burley, go all the way through town. On the South side of town you come to 2700 south, hang a left, and Unit 54 is on your left.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, I 've got 4 equal flat spots in the swampers and it turns over. I should be good to go.:thumb:
Get that thing out on the road and you won't have to worry about that. :drive:

If you take the long way to work, around the mile, you will have them worked out by the time you get there.

I am looking forward to this run. But I better get some type of flare for the front made up, even if it is temporary. This was the last run in the snow, the road was just slightly melting down low.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know how far we will get, but we were talking about a loop from Oakley to Hansen via Bostetter and Rock Creek. I went and picked up the new forest service map today and there are no closures or limitations on the route we will travel. I will be going back to talk to the forest service guys and get to know them a little more and see what the area has to offer, which by the map is not much. Just a couple of actual designated 4x4 trails that are only a few miles long.

Fresh snow and colder weather will be good and add to the fun. I am sure there are still some large drifts and snow in some shaded areas along the way.

Man I am not sure about how long it will take though. There are some areas to park a trailer at the beginning of the trail, but you would have to back track. I don't know we may do that. If there is not a lot of snow it will go fairly quick I would imagine. We know it will go quick for you Pete. :drive:

If anyone else knows chime in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
we took off on one of the marked "four wheel drive roads" two summers back, and it was so hard and technical....I think a mini van could of driven it....yes it really was like that....the road had a rut along it going up a hill and other than that the trail was very flat...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how many rigs have commited to go? i am out tomorrow but I am interested in the count for future runs...
It looks like we will have 5-6 positive and a couple of people that may make it.

We do have one that will be heading up when he gets off work at 9:00 am. He will catch us on the trail. If anyone would like to head up with him, PM me, and I can give you his number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.