Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just found this truck on ebay and thought that it might be a fun project and wanted to know what you all think. I don't know much about finding parts for it but it looks to me like it has possibilities. Let me know what you all think Matt if this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry but I couldn't think of anywhere else it would fit. I think the f-150 and bronco can be interchanged in some ways so I think it could really be a promising rig. Again let me know what you all think. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4619258776&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know that and I'm not a ford fan either but it could be fun i suppose

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
everything interchanges from 1980 to 1996....i have built many of these and pulled many more apart...i dont know about the smoking issue he mentioned but a 289 is deffinately a wrap to 8,000 rpm motor. I don't know if i would buy it but don't let discourage you from taking serious interest in it. My suggestion is if your close go look at the truck and talk to the owner about it......there might be skeletons in the closet that the owner didn't want to put down on Ebay. Good luck with it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was thinking a 302 swap for it anyways and putting in a stick

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
good choice....every vehicle has its pro's and cons...as long as the cons don't outwheigh the pro's then in my opinion your good to go

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I wouldn't pay $1000 for that junker. $400-500 max.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No thats the max bid thats not what I'd be paying I only have to pay $550 and he will bring it half way and we will swap cash for title and keys :thumb: I'm not gonna pay $1,000 for a ford : P if someone out bids me oh well I can find another.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It says current bid $1000 on eBay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's a private bid so it doesn't show details but not I'm paying $750 and I'm getting a trailer to pull it with too so it closes in 2 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts