Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun! So where the hell was everybody.

video added: http://highdesertoff-road.com/video/hdosage.wmv

We had Dave in the ranger - tearing it up I might add.
Greg with the newer cruiser from mtn home
Me - mobbing as fun as possible

That is it. Noone else. Anyways, like I said, it was fun. Nothing hardcore, but the sagebrush was out of control.

Trail report:

Met at the chevron in Mtn home. Left for Bruneau. Drove down to the first washout and hiked to some impressive cliffs. One falls looked pretty doable by shane, we will have to go back. The other was the end of the world, but had a bypass, so we hiked down that too. Then back to the rigs. I did my best to fry my clutch...again. Moved on down the trail to the spot that everyone had trouble in that last time they went. The whole spot was four feet deep in tumbleweeds. Oh well, I drove through it. Going down was breezy, then got a little hung up coming back up. Took some stacking for the rear tire to get me through, but total was about 15min on that obstacle. Then we went further down the trail and found a wash off to the side that was a makeshift Sileage pit of tumbleweeds. I did my best driving down in there until the tumbleweeds were just completely surrounding the whole jeep. Seriously it was 12feet deep in the sagebrush. Then backed out and moved on down the trail. The tumbleweeds were the theme for the day and I literally had to cut them off of my driveshafts three times - twice using a knife cause they were just so thick. The trails were just completely covered with the weeds and it felt like breaking trail in the snow, but more like 5ft snow that gave all the way to the ground and you had to go slow to feel for the rocks. I have never experienced anything like it. It was fun. The ranger and the cruiser followed right behind me and we just drove on out. Very interesting but really fun. I got some video and some pics, but not the time to post em yet.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Cool, I had too much work to get done to go play :banghead: Next time.........

Glad you guys had fun. :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Shooooooot,sounds like a good time brutha.
Am a working man now,so I was throwing down some OT on saturday,plus I'm still 3wheel drving it..My 4340 Chromo inners are sitting down at Shanes shop needing to be picked up,along with my seats.Outters,Hubs and Ujoints are sitting in a box waiting to be shipped out to be Cryo'd.So I got abit til i'm back on the trail :angryfir:
Thanks for the call though Nate to ride bitch,if it had been sooner,could have told work I had plans for the weekend and wasnt going to come in doah

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
So where the hell was everybody.

Hay All
Was looking forward for a great day with you guys for the 1st time out when.....I was warming up the rig, put all the gear in the back, packed a lunch, and decided to check the WEB for any last minute updates or meeting changes. Oh bye the way I did all this on SUNDAY :banghead:

Forgot the run was on SATERDAY :angryfir:

I will be more alert next time. Any way sounded fun.. See Ya

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't make it. Truck is still only 2-wheel drive. I working as fast as I can to get back on the trail wich' ya :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts