Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dave is going to lead us through Lost Trail and Two Headed Dragon Feb 19th. Townies are meeting at the Chevron on Airbase Road at 8 am. If you are on base, meet at Grand View turnoff about 8:20. The guys operating slow/trailered rigs said they would meet us at Dan's Ferry.

A call was placed in the meeting thread for food, I'll bring the hamburger buns to the run.

See you all then.

·
Registered
698 Posts
EWWWW! That could be muddy in spots :) Sounds like fun. I would like to do that trail in the day light.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'll try to make it. I have to pull my front axle apart and weld the caps on my u joints again. (yeah I'm nursing my worn out shafts) :thumb:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ron_Egress said:
Townies are meeting at the Chevron on Airbase Road at 8 am. If you are on base, meet at Grand View turnoff about 8:20. The guys operating slow/trailered rigs said they would meet us at Dan's Ferry.

A call was placed in the meeting thread for food, I'll bring the hamburger buns to the run.

See you all then.
Ron, Thanks for catching that I didn't post the meeting place or the time.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Oh BTW... how far?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah to Dan's Ferry.

·
Registered
164 Posts
anyones welcome to join in:drive:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
70 miles... 1 way?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It is about 70 miles one way from town. Personally to do Lost Trail I wouldn't go all the way to Dan's Ferry. That adds a lot of miles for no reason when you are coming from MH.

If I have the correct tires and wheels I'll be there. 4wheel parts screwed the pooch. I have new tires and wheels as of today but they sent the wrong backspaced wheels. All because Schwab couldn't get my Toyos I have a mess. They are supposedly going to send me wheels tomorrow but that will take another week for them to get here. Then I need to pack up the wrong ones and get them mounted and balanced. The tires do look beautiful but it sucks they are mounted on the wrong wheels.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah I might just ride with someone. It's going to be a bit before I go buy a trailer and get my truck all setup for proper towing.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
coming from mountain home the reason being to go past the lost trail turnoff and continue to dans ferry service is so those who need to can top off their tanks. Dans ferry is about 5-10 miles past the lost trail turnoff. The trail itself is probably 6-7 miles long, however there is a lot to play on, plus those more capable ring are going to attempt the two-headed dragon bypass. Basicall, budget the whole day for this.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Maybe I can catch a ride with somebody if I don't have the wheels and tires dilemma straightened out? I really want to see the big Burb in action on the rocks.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well if someone wanted to split gas with me 50/50 I would bring the Jeep. Probably be about $50-60 of fuel.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have my wheel and tire dilemma sorted out now. If I could just get my darn sliders prior to then I'd be doing the 2HD thing. I'm just not at the body sacrificing stage yet.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I have 3-4 seats available in the Burb. I only can fit 1 normal or 2 skinny people in the tow rig. If you want to ride it is free of charge, but your welcome to come help me load Saturday night. I ain't got a clue on the turnoff but I will probably wait there, while everyone else fills up. The tow rig has two tanks and will only use one there and back.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I might take you up on that offer Lehi.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts