Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brant Luckow has been wheeling and modding his Toyota Tacoma since he drove it off the lot brand new in ‘98. While these trucks are capable rigs right out of the box, Brant was looking for that extra edge to set his truck apart from the crowd. So he pulled out the tools and got busy.​

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
nice pic comeing out of the hot tub man. i had a 97 taco and almost did what you did. loved it.

but found a good deal on my 91 so i built that instead....

very very nice truck

·
Registered
15 Posts
its a contender but im sure you can take me:thumb:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yeah I'm sure, since you had a taco, I am sure you know how much travel the IFS has! Now add 4" of lift!!!! Yeah I know I am not suposed to go more than 3", but I am the one paying for the ball joints and steering and I like big tires, well big for IFS. Actually I need 33's again, these things are eating cv's at the thought of throttle. Broke one on Widowmaker down in Moab over Labor Day and the weight of the truck wasn't even on it! But I think the locker has something to do with that too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
ya those balljoints are nice huh..... gots me a d60 front with the good ole king pins.

but im sureyou gonna get rid of that ifs soon so its all good.

widowmaker is a fun obstacle. did it in a stock toyota with a rear locker 85 longbed. fun times.

·
Registered
695 Posts
mighty mouse said:
are you going to go from ifs to solid to get some flex out of that toy
Got a '79 Ford with a HP44 and D60 for donors!!!! Hopefully triangulated four link the rear with a three link and panhard up front with 14" coilovers.... I am having to wait long enought that when I do it, I want it done once and right!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts