Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I want to lift my '74 truck 6". I was thinking about some F-150 rear springs (57" long), and custom shackles and maybe blocks to correct driveline angle. Maybe some new 6" front springs. My first, will the F150 springs alone give me 6"? What year truck do the springs need to come from? Has anyone done this? If so, what did you do for shackles (pics)? Also, if I lift my truck 6", will dropping the t-case be enough to correct the driveline angle? What about cutting and turning the front axle? And last, where is a good place to get some front springs, I was hoping to get some soft one because the truck will be a daily driver.
Thanks,
Zach

·
Registered
3 Posts
Zack,
I run the ford 57" springs and net just about 6" of lift. The best way to go about it is with a shackle flip, a longer shackle at a 45 degree angle and tapered Zero rates for pinion correction as well as to make up for the center pin relocation. The ride is great and the flex rivals link setups! Big hp/torque engines running low gears and big tires should also look into axle wrap prevention or you can loose lift when the springs deform over time. I use a 6" shackle with a 5.5" flip/ 1" rearward offset. A smaller flip could be leveled back off with a taller Zero rate but it will add more axle wrap. running blocks with the 57's is not a good idea unless you have both axle wrap control and axle location bas.

Picture:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I like this rear setup and plan on pulling out with it this spring. I am going to try to keep mine about an inch lower or so but basically the same thing. I will have to put on an anti-wrap bar to handle the 40" tires and the 454. :mrgreen:

I plan on flipping mine around to stretch out the wheel base 6" at the same time.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
sounds like a sweeeet setup!!!
After some hard thinking, I decided that before I pump more big chunks of $$$$$$$$ into the CJ, I'm gonna build me a shop.. I'm thinking about 20'X40'X12".... that oughtta be big enough to work in and to do some trannies and other stuff on the side to fund my offroad addiction..

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I thought you were selling your hind end to pay for stuff?

:finger: :rotfl:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
268 Posts
20'X40'X12"....
Doesnt it defeat the whole purpose if it's only 12 inches tall? Forget about getting a lifted truck in there. :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol.. matt, u asswipe..... :finger: :finger: :finger:
and I MEANT 12'!!!!
:finger: :finger: all y'all....sheesh.....
:roll: :roll:
:firedevi: :firedevi:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts