Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys? I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any adapter kits made to bolt a big block of any make to a Scout TF 727 auto? My 345 still runs great but I want more power.

Any info will be appreciated

:popcorn:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Advance adapters probaly does. They have just about everything.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Whats up guys? I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any adapter kits made to bolt a big block of any make to a Scout TF 727 auto? My 345 still runs great but I want more power.

Any info will be appreciated

:popcorn:
Get ahold of Lumpdog, he's already done the research for me to switch mine

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Look into a Chrysler swap. Its pretty popular and it can be done with factory parts. I've seen a couple of Scout's with 440's in them.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Chestons a bit blue to consider a Chrysler swap, thats what I told him too. The only place I thought of would be JW trans but they only make a BB Ford to turbo 400 adaptor not a 727 to BB Ford. Just bite the bullet and find a 440 buddy :rotfl::rotfl:

What you should do is use the 460 to a gm trans to the IH t-case then you could make Ford Chevy and Chrysler guys mad all at the same time :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Am I the only guy that thinks it should be against the law to pull a 345 and put something else? :thumb:

I love those engines... only 2nd to the Cummins. Pretty much build as tough though.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Am I the only guy that thinks it should be against the law to pull a 345 and put something else? :thumb:

I love those engines... only 2nd to the Cummins. Pretty much build as tough though.
Yes Nate you are in fact the only one :thumb::thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah they are heavy, and parts are more expensive... dunno. I still like them. They seem to run forever.

I just get tired of seeing a SBC in everything... even though I did put one in an FJ40.

There was a guy in Anchorage that had 2 Scouts with the Nissan diesel in them for sale. I should have bought them

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can garauntee that my Scout will never have a sbc in it...BBC maybe but Im with Eric and finding a 440. I talked to a guy on RME that said it would be easiest to find a Chrysler 727 and swap internals since my tranny is brand new.

You know....I like my 345 alot but it weighs as much as a big block and Im just not pushing the HP that I want. Good torque though.

I think I will find a 440 and build it over the next year or so. That would be sweet to piss Ford Chevy and Chrysler guys off at the same time though.
I guess we will just have to see.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know, you might be able to talk Chuck out of his Cornbinder motor with injection......that might gain you some extra ponies.

injection eh??? tell me more!!! I have talked to a couple Scout guys that have put TBI on their 345s and said it really wakes them up.
hummmmm.........:rolleyes:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I don't know. We sure can, wheres the fun in buying a motor already fuel injected you know you are going to mess with it at least a little :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
18 Posts
just put that big block ford in your garage in it with my extra c6 and have eric get you a t-case out of a cheby and be done with it or better yet just leave it the way it is and no more mods

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just put that big block ford in your garage in it with my extra c6 and have eric get you a t-case out of a cheby and be done with it or better yet just leave it the way it is and no more mods

Now your starting to sound like my wife:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That 460 in the garage would be a fun motor for the Scout. Especially if I left the race cam in it and set up the tunnel ram with a couple of off road carbs. But its for the Mustang and you know it.

Do they make adapters for a c6 to a chevy t-case? thats something I would consider over the 440

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
If you run a 203 or 205 all you need is factory stuff. The Ford 205 will use a 31 spline input from the C 6 so you will need the input gear from a Ford Case but the Chevy case will bolt onto the Ford adaptor. I have never actually done this but I have seen the two adaptors next to each other and they look pretty much the same. Just get a Ford 203 and the factory stuff and then bolt a 205 to it. You know you want a doubler :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts