Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Own a 1993 ford ranger 4x4. It has a 3.0L engine with a few minor upgrades like cold air, electric fan. My question is I just purchased some new fuel injectors. I went up to 15lb accel's. Stock I heard was around 10-12lb. Im hearing mixed feelings about these injectors I just got. Half the people say I need a new computer system with pressure regulators and the other half are saying I can just swap these new injectors with the old and just take off.

Im newer to 1:1 car upgrades and would like to know if I do need a new computer system or if they are just plug and play. Here is the link for hte injectors I bought. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC%2D150615&N=700+4294908331+4294907827+4294924761+4294925239+400020+115&autoview=sku

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I guess it depends on how close the computer can control it. Basically, the higher pound injectors are going to deliver more fuel. If the computer can lean it down enough for regualar drving, it should be fine. The benefits being when you get on it and higher RPM.

Basically, you could just install them and see how it goes. :drive:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just thought I would report, they got installed and everything works great. Very small performance difference, but the engine is much smoother now and seems to be working better. I barely went up much so I wasnt expecting a lot so im very happy.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
if you are really concerned, have a shop hook up the machine to it, and watch actually how it is running on emissions etc, it would tell you a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts