Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out PNWFS4X4's site and was checking out their E.R.R.A.N. crew. Basically it is just a bunch of guys with different rigs and winches and etc. put together to help out fellow members in a jam. I read some of their posts and it sounds like a pretty cool thing.

Just wondering if there was any interest in this, we have the manpower on here to cover from one side of the state to the other. So, if one of us broke down in eastern idaho, we would know that there would be a couple people over there that would trek out to give us a hand as best they could, and vice'versa. Might be hard to get it started logistically, but check it out on their website and post up if you guys think it would work and be interested in it!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think it's a sweet idea! :thumb: Defintely would like to have more contacts on the eastern side of the state for wheelin and other events. Plus, when your out there and need a place to stay, and the hotels want to much $$$. You can steal someones floor to sleep on! :finger: :finger:
Let's get something organized, phone lists, member info, etc. I'd be willing to construct a spreadsheet with all the participates info and distribute them to whoever wants or gets one. Just an idea. :deal:
Jessie

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
4x4support.com, i'm on the list. Definately a good idea

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I'm down!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I'm thinking of something like a structured list where maybe only other people on the list can see it. I know most people do not want thier contact info openly displayed.

Thoughts?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
that sounds alot better to me, I think... I would be a bit uncomfortable going out somewhere to rescue someone who I have no idea who they are. not that I wouldn't do it necessarily, but the idea of say having a planet list with the folks here, I wouldn't think twice about going to help someone in need that I'd at least talked with here, or knew who they were..

·
Registered
530 Posts
x2 with AJ's thoughts..throw me in the mix

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually uh I came up with it one night due to the overwelming costs it is to get towed off highway and a member had to leave his new vehicle at evens creek in the deep snow off an embankment for 2 days. He just came on the forum one night and said hey anyone in the area can help me. WE post a list on the forums for certain areas so people can find people close to them. We have had members though drive over a 100 miles to recover someone. What I have also done is make a sub directory on my cell phone with everyones number and my cell is always on in case someone is broke down. what is also nice is that you have a collective of mechanics who can fix problems to. sometimes someone will just post there wanting help immediately on a pavement project they are working on. So far it has really worked and has saved members thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Sometimes old threads need resurrected. And this is a good one.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Add me! :thumb: :drive:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts