Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Electricians out there? I need to put a 220 plug in the garage to run the welder, but my brother in law wants to have a professional do it. (It's his house.)

What I need done is super simple, the main circuit box for the house is directly above where I want the plug, so it should only be a 45 minute job at the most.

I'll even do all of the work if someone wants to just supervise. I just need to get this done and as cheaply as possible, so I can move on to building the winch mount for my front bumper.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Rigby is too far for me, it shouldn't cost too much to have that installed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
When I had an electrician at my house last year, I asked him out of curiosity how much it would cast to put a 220VAC outlet, he said about $90. My C/B panel is in the garage, real close to where I wanted the outlet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that's all it cost I'd jump on it, but the estimate I got was for 200 - 500 dollars.

Any suggestions on who I could try?

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
If you have enough breaker positions open and the outlet is only a few feet they are really high at even 200 you only have 20-25 in parts and at the most one hour labor and that is if he eats a sandwich half way threw the job. Now most places charge like 75 just to show up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We charge from time you leave the shop. It might be a 30 minute job, but they will charge for looking for the house, We have had 30 minute jobs but took 2 + hours to find location, That is why most shops have a 2- 4 hour charge right off. This might not be your case, but that is were the higher charge is. If you do pay the money for a shop, make sure he or she is a journeyman. A lot of shops send there apprentices out as journeyman.

·
Registered
875 Posts
WOW 200-500 seems realy high. Its to bad you are so far away I have two friends that are electricians and both of them do a little work on the side. I think you need to just ask around local and see if you can find one of these guys to do it on the side. You can go buy the plug and wire mount every thing where you want it then just try and find someone to stop in and wire it in to your box.
If that don't work I would find a good diagram on the net as to how to do it yourself then wait for the brother to leave and do it. The when he gets home just tell him you spent 300bucks to get it done:thumb:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I had this guy do some work for me and he was very fair to us.

Blaise Kauer
604-1871
IF/Rigby area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts