Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warning rant ahead

Okay, so back several weeks ago I ordered some parts from Marlin Crawler so I could more easily bolt the Toyota springs in my Jeep. I ordered some spring and shackle hangers and some spring bushings. They list the bushings as $2 each. I thought they meant each end of the spring, but, no, they meant each half of the bushing. No biggie, I'll just order up a few more when I figure out what I need. Well, since I finally got around to putting the springs in a few days ago I decided I needed to get those bushings ASAP, so I place an order online monday night (the 3rd). I figured since tuesday is the 4th they wouldn't be sent out until wed. so I had them sent 2nd day air thinking they would arrive on friday. Well, on thursday I got a call from them asking if they wanted me to send some parts that I had called them about the week before, but I had already decided I didn't need. At this point I was a little upset because I realized the bushings I needed were probably not going to be in until monday, most likely. Alright, I guess I can deal with that. I get in from a short trip tonight and find the package on my doorstep. I went inside, opened it and said "damnit, I ordered the wrong bushings". I'd been thinking about it and it was bugging me, so I go dig up my old reciept from my last order. Just to clarify, on their website where they list the bushings they say front bushings and rear bushings. There is no mention of size or anything. Well, I ordered 6 front bushings and 2 rear bushings, thinking this would get me 6 small and 2 large. The reason I thought this is because before I ordered 6 rear and 2 front, which gave me 6 large and 2 small. Well, apparently that wasn't the case because I have sitting here in front of me is the exact same order of bushings I had before, but I ordered the exact opposite. First thing in the morning someone is getting an earful.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. That's all.

EDIT: and now, to top it off, after looking at my reciept, I discover I paid almost $6 more than what I was supposed to for shipping :mad2::mad::cussing:

·
Registered
102 Posts
so the moral of the story pretty much = mail sux, people r stoopid, and your rig is still under construction. I say let's blame it all on Dave. That usually works.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Marlin has some serious customer service issues the first few times on each order for some reason but...they almost always really hook you up in the end, I had my SAS kit order, ($1300 bucks) recieved it in like 2 days (by this point I'm pretty impressed with these guys) opened it up only to discover that I didnt have the front spring hanger...cant get far without that, It also had no instructions at all, when I tried to call customer service I got a hold of a dude named Chris Giger and he was pretty much the biggest jerk I have ever had to deal with on the phone (now he runs Trail Gear, and ran AllPro a few years back) he pretty much said "we didnt know you needed the front hanger (charged as part of the kit) and if you need instructions you shouldnt be doing this kind of work" So I pretty much called him every name in the book and told him he would be getting the whole kit back postage due (about 130lbs) and then he hung up on me!!! So...of course I was pretty pissed, I tried to call him right back to settle this, but before I could the phone rang and it was Marlin himself! Marlin said he was very sorry for the shitty service and my front hanger would be on my front porch no later than tommorow, then we pretty much just talked yotas for a while and he told me if I needed any help on the SAS install just call him direct. When I got home from work the next day my box was on the porch as promised and they threw in a free set of steel braided break lines for free!! But the moral of this rambling story is that every time I order parts from M/C the same thing happens for some reason, but they are usually easier to deal with than Trail Gear, allpro, or northwest offroad.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I have always had good luck with Marlin. Chris is a big DICK! The guy is useless as far as I am concerned! I have met him in person and talked to him on the phone, a real piece of work both times.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
krazytoy said:
I have always had good luck with Marlin. Chris is a big DICK! The guy is useless as far as I am concerned! I have met him in person and talked to him on the phone, a real piece of work both times.
X2

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
muy onlyt experience has been with Marlin himself, and Wow what a guy!

asked a cut and dried question, can I swap a pass drop transfer onto a G series transmission, with a driver drop transfer, and my brain is still swimming with the knowledge he spewed out, in that 45 minute reply.

Cool guy.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well Jason, you are in luck cause Chris Geiger doesn't work for him anymore, from what I was told. He is the owner/operator of Trail Gear from what I was told. And I do know for a fact that he is driving the Trail Gear comp buggy. Ohh and yeah he is a dick, I have some of his great comments about tacomas saved on my home comp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts