Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now that the K10 and Wagoneer are nearing a drivable state, I was wondering... Are there any fairly easy trails that I can take them out on in the IF-Rigby-Rexburg area?

Since both rigs are unlocked at both ends, and the K10 is on 1/2 ton axles with 31s and the Waggy only has a dana 27 front and 33s, I don't want to break down on my first time out.

:lame: I know, but I want to learn how to wheel before I destroy my rigs.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
There are many trails around. Go to Caribou, Sand Creek, Rexburg Bench, many possibilities.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
There are a bunch of folks on here who wouldn't mind showing some of the trails. If you see a dirt road that looks interesting head towards it. Thats how most of the really cool trails get found anyway

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am a newbie to, before I found Planet I used a couple of resources to find trails close to home that if i got in to much trouble other could find me easy and get me out.
The first is an Idaho map bookm sorry I can not remember the name if it, it lives in the Jeep now. Black covered book and breaks the state down over about 80 pages so you can get a detailed map of specific areas. It clearly shows all roads and the leads to some very fun but not dangerous trails, at least wround the IF, Shelley area, it has been well worth the $20 I paid for it.
The second is Google Earth, you can plan a day trip real easy if you make pace notes or have a GPS to make marks with.

Want some more tips from another newbie? Take snacks and water, basic hand tools, zip ties and duct tape, a shovel and good jack and if going out alone let someone know your plans. A decent CB is worth its weight in gold too.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I am sure many folks on here could help you. People will be going out all summer. come help us clean up a trail in Rexburg this Saturday and meet a few guys who can help. Bring a map or atlas and a sharpie and we can mark some for you. West of Rexburg on Sat. morning. Watch for a thread on this.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am sure many folks on here could help you. People will be going out all summer. come help us clean up a trail in Rexburg this Saturday and meet a few guys who can help. Bring a map or atlas and a sharpie and we can mark some for you. West of Rexburg on Sat. morning. Watch for a thread on this.
Been looking for a thread, but haven't seen one. Is the cleanup on the Rexburg rock trail?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts