Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to everyone that the annual clean up at the Sand Wash is just around the corner. Earth Day is Sunday, April 22. This year we should be parterning up with the Mountain Home Atv club to help us host the event. As with last year, we will try to have a free barbecue and a free raffle prize give away to those that attend.

I will be needing volunteers to help organize and setup this event. I will be needing people that can round up donations, coordinate with BLM, make and deliver signs, purchase and cook the food, and miscellaneous volunteers for parking, first aid, etc. on the day of the event.

Please book this on your calendar and if you can put in some time to help, please post up or get a hold of myself or Alicia to get your name in.

Thanks for all the prior support from the past years, I hope this years clean up turns out just as great!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
What kinda posters Chris? I could maybe make something. Dunno about copying them though. All I got here is a little printer.

We gonna do a bonfire? I could haul a crapload of palletts.... and we could throw the tires we find on it :thumb::rotfl:

·
Registered
288 Posts
i also have a bunch of wood that needs to go so let me know if you want me to bring it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chris Wife is just waiting on a certain someone to foward the stuff to do the flyers and stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why don't you try to get the media to cover it? Earth day is a granola-crunching, anti ORV type of deal. You could really piss off the environmentalists if something like this cut into the evening news footage of someone hugging a tree or driving a prius.

·
Registered
288 Posts
how are we doin on donations? im trying to press my bosses at albertsons to donate something ill get back to you on this matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am tryin to talk the girlfriend into coming out and helping. I think that the media would eat up a story about an Earth Day clean-up by an offroad club. BTW I am not a member just someone who wants to help out!!!:thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
no luck yet on donations from albertsons but im goin to keep on pressing the matter. they keep giving me the run around :lame: but ill see what i can do.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well I had monday off so I went around to get some donations. Just remember please support the local businesses that support us.

All locations are Mtn Home unless otherwise noted

A-Z Lumber - Four Hats
Kriebs Highway 30 Auto Parts - $20 Gift Certificate
EL-Herrados Mexican Restraunt - Free Meal Gift Certificate
Joes Steak House and Lounge - $25 Gift Certificate
LaMode Cleaners - $25 Gift Certificate
VorFab Fabrication - $25 Gift Certificate
T&V Marine - Two Hats
Mountain Sports - Lockable Gun Rack
Carlos Mexican Restraunt - $15 Gift Certificate
Idaho Wrecker Sales - Two Ton Snatch Block
Discount Muffler - Surprise

There are a bunch more that other businesses have donated so I'll let Chris post them up.

I also spoke to Kelly Everitt of the mountain Home News and he published a free advertisment for the event in this weeks paper and also will be doing an article for after the cleanup. If there are any other sponsors please post them up or e-mail them to me at [email protected] NLT Sunday at 7pm so I can try and get them included in the article. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all,
Did the clean-up happen? I wussied out due to rain and all, but if it was delayed please let me know so I can be sure to make the next one.

·
Registered
288 Posts
nope we still did the clean up we hit hard in the rain and mud so maybe next time you'll make it.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.