Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a Ford fan, but after working on an early bronco recently I was very impressed with the leg, head, and shoulder room inside, lots more than even a CJ-7. The drivetrain seems capable of 35" tires right out of the box. I guess the biggest draw back compared to a jeep is the big square hood (I like to see where I'm going). All in all I'd say if I was to ever go back to a domestic trail rig I might have to look into one of these early broncos, even though I still prefer the classic styling of the jeep whistle

·
Registered
401 Posts
You would also be looking at a much stonger frame with the Bronco as well as a less common vehicle which I perfer. Though I do drive a Wrangler now. :oops:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I used to have a '72 and I liked it. Not too big and a V8 from the factory. :mrgreen:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
385 Posts
Never been a ford person myself so I'd have to vot Jeep! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Bronco - better drivetrain, but they are 30 years old. If you want the comforts of a newer rig, the Bronco won't have it, but if you want to take your daughter, gear and wife while looking way cool the Bronco is the way to go. There are also lots of aftermarket parts and upgrades for them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Steve, Steve, Steve :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: you know wich one to go with .... I do agree that stock the bronco is the better choice but we all know that the number one rig you see on the trail is.... and with your skill you could make one BAD A$$ JEEP

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeepster526 said:
Steve, Steve, Steve :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: you know wich one to go with .... I do agree that stock the bronco is the better choice but we all know that the number one rig you see on the trail is.... and with your skill you could make one BAD A$$ JEEP
I would probly never buy one.........I'm pretty stuck on the Toyotas.......I just couldn't help but notice how well the broncos were built and how roomy they are :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts