Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a driveshaft for a 1990 f150 extended cab short bed 4x4. It is a one piece driveshaft that is approx. 55 inches between the welds on the yokes. If anybody has one please let me know. Having a hell of a time finding one. Thanks, Dave

P.S. This the rear driveline that is needed.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You try car-parts.com?

May be easier just to get one made at 6 States or Jims.

Last driveshaft I had made about 2 years ago was $275 for a CV one.. AK prices too. I imagine it'd be around the same price here.. maybe a bit more cause it's like 5 feet long :shocked:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Go to tim at discount muffler He is making them now.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried all of them options. I didn't want to spend the $250 for a brand new one and Tim is not able to get one made because of its size. None of the junk yards have one either. Mike, you seen what happened to the old one, you were there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found one in Caldwell at Dillon auto salvage for $100. I will probably go that route since I don't want to spend the money on a new one then lift it this summer and have to possibly do it again. I'll just put the used one on and when it gets lifted I'll have a new one made.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If you just need something to get you by, I could probably weld up the broken one. I have some scrap pieces of driveshaft tubing I got from Tom Woods this spring. Might have something to fit on the ID or OD of your driveshaft to sleeve it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts