Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems as if I fowled a plug today, tried cleaning it, was too late to get to the parts house, which helped for a little bit. the plugs are only about a month and a half old but I've been riding my bike for the last month and along with leaky valve guides I'm thinking it goobered the plugs on the pass. side.

ANYWHO, would a bad plug cause something to trip and give a CEL? I plan to get new plugs in tomorrow after work and see what happens but I'm still curious.

Thanks,
Eric

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
depends on vehicle, year, computer, etc......but if the fouled plug was not burning the fuel, then the oxygen sensor would read way rich, which could cause the light, or the missfires tripped the light. unhook the battery wait about 15mins, hook it back up and you should be good to go. if it comes back on you know theres a problem.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turns out that the #5 injector is fubard, so I'll be out to fix it in a couple a minutes, really sucks that its on the right side of the motor, have to pull the upper intake to replace it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was easier than I thought, only had a tough time pulling the fuel rail. Now all I have to do is replace the busted EGR valve.....sheesh.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$250 for a flippin' EGR valve, thankfully North Verdie had one for $10 :D

Still having issues though, I plugged everything back in where it goes(so I think), and now I'm getting fuel where I don't think fuel should be squirting.

Sorry for poor quality digital is down so cell phone took its place.

Here's the solenoid thats giving me grief

And here's the two lines that come off of it, it's impossible to
see where they go but they go into the lines just in front of the air valve (so the book says). They're both full of fuel

Did I put these lines in the correct spots and if not would it cause the truck to load up and not run? Or could the new injector do this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts