Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so last night I got my 205 rebuilt, and made the upgrades so that now I will have front hi, front lo, neutral, rear hi, rear low, and 4wd hi/lo. I am in the process of throwing together some linkage for temporary testing, but I would like to know if any of you have seen or built any custom shifters that don't rattle......

ORD has a setup, but at $195 I won't be buying that anytime soon.

I was thinking of pressing in sealed bearings into the pivot shafts, then using a through bolt. that would make the shifting smooth, and hopefully no sideways play in the shifter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
545 Posts
Could you post some pics of your linkage, and maybe a write-up as well? I have a 205 that may find its way into my CJ, and I would like to see as many different setups as I can.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's the beauty of this hobby, we can build some way cool stuff for amazingly little amounts of money. Of course we offset those cost savings by blowing un-wholsome amounts of money for other high zoot components that our wives don't understand why we need. After all it wasn't broken was it 8) I look forward to seeing what you got.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
bah.... you suck then....
still, let me know on the setup you have...
I have more than one 4X4.... :finger: :finger:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts