Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I bought a set of fiberglass door inserts for my bronco and they didn't come with any mounting instructions. I can see a good way to mount the bottom but I can't come up with what I fill is a good way to mount the sides. Once these are on I don't plan on taking them off to swap to factory doors at all so a permanent way would be fine.
Has anyone done these? Any pics?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
check classicbroncos.com under tech, I am sure there is something there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If they are the 2 piece older style inserts, then they should have a metal interior set of supports. Easy way to tell they are the older style, is if when you put them in the door opening, if there is a large opening on the inside - they are the older style. They will have 2 inner backing plates on each side and fill the inner gaps for support. As for securing them to the body, I believe they just use standard sheet metal screws.

If you have the newer 1 piece fiberglass inserts, then I would not know how they go in.

If you have the older style, but no inside plates. I can take measurements on the backing plates I have and send them too you and then you can have them cut out of some metal stock.

dan

I have attached a picture of the newer 1 piece inserts.

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I'll check out classicbronco and see what I can find on there. The biggest thing I wasn't sure about is just that they don't give you much glass on the tops to screw threw.
Thanks for the offer Banned I do have the older style with no plates. I had planned on making some custom ones that I can install some speakers in but will see how it goes. How do they atatch the plates to the insert?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts