Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I have before.

My last rear bumper was welded on. I ussually bolt mine on and then add a few tacks to it just to make sure it stays there. I've broken broken bolts before. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i have welded all the bumpers on my trucks just like sandman there does with one exception... my yota... lol... the bolts worked loose, and they were a mite sticky and i couldn't get em tight, so I was a lazy ass and just ran a couple of beads no it... well... in the midst of hauling a load of trash in my trailer, the beads broke.... then the bolts popped with the shock, and the trailer made its own way across a field with my bumper! :deal:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Ive done both. Welding is easier but I would toss a bolt or two in anyway just incase. :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I have done both also but everytime I weld one on it seems like I need to get to something that would have been alot easier to get to if I had bolted it on. So I stick to bolting them on now. I always weld in reinforcements to bolt the bumper too though :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I believe people here are reffering to aftermarket bumpers. I dont think there would be much point in welding up a stock setup. It has its pros on cons.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I say duct tape but only in obnoxious red if you can't find it then go with the bright orange baling twine. Nothing screams quality fabrication like duct tape and baling twine :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You have a pic of your bumper setup? you might have to have a local weld shop build some type of angle bracket so you can go from the frame to the bumper.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts