Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
My bro in law is competing at the profesional level right now. I plan to enter some local tournys this year and my wife just tied for first at an ice bowl in blackfoot Id. My bro in law and me will actually be playing in a tourny in Moab right before Jeep safari. It is a blast and very addictive :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
695 Posts
There is a disc golf course about 150 Yards up the hill from my place. Never played but have thought about it many times... And the course here is supposed to be one of the best in the nation and was designed by a young teenage guy here in town that is also supposed to be one of the best...

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
The thing about the poky course is the distance. All disc golf holes(at least out here) are par 3 but poky has one hole that is like 450 yards or something like that. I think it might have one that is longer than that too. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Disc golf is fun. I have tried it a few times and I am thinking of trying a tournament. Down here they have a course at Lake Walcott Park (Minidoka damn). It's a great place to bring the family and a boat, and play a little disc golf.

I guess they get people in from Montana, Utah, Nevada,and Oregon for the tournement. You would have to like it an awful lot to come from Oregon and Montana.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
They are having a tournament at Lake Walcott in June I think I will check for sure I will be going my wife is going to compete :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Most sporting goods store carry discs there are different ones you can get for different styles of throwing I usually have 5 discs that I throw (including my putter) but you only really need a driver. Most courses are in public parks so there is no charge to play. I don't know of a course in Idaho Utah or Oregon that you have to pay to play. :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts