Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am going to finish my bumper here soon, but idk what design to do. I want to have a grill guard. I am having trouble coming up with a design. If anyone has any pics of some bumpers or some drawings/brueprints then that would be awesome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou that helps ALOT

·
Registered
545 Posts
Here's what I did for my wifes Nissan. just used a Harbor Freight hydraulic bender and some pipe. I personally like the pre-runner look better than the Mad Max grill of death. The style can really help the boxy body lines of 80's trucks flow better. More importantly it will channel the deer carcasses away from the radiator, instead of allowing the flatter uprights to get pushed into the radiator.

That just my little theory.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the pic...... I need to find a pipe bender :-/

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you're handy with tools and can weld, there are plans for building your own bender on the 'net for about $10 or less. Of course, you still have to buy the dies. And tube notcher (that's cheap, though.) Oh, and the various tools to finish off the work once you get your tube bent and welded...

It never ends. That's why it's so much fun. I know...I know - you're 16. You know, I think I had more money available for toys when I was 16 than I do now at 42 (I worked a lot.) I just didn't have credit back then 8*)

-Mikey-

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts