Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here ya go guys! Dana 70 dually disc conversion. We just finished up the fitting on these and of course will be test fitting the first 10 or so sets.

On the final design it cleared a 16" steel dually wheel with just a quick buffing on the caliper.

I timed it and it took me 20 secs. to grind the caliper enough to eliminate any rubbing. With the components we are using its just that snug.

This is a bent bracket set up. No flange spacers. Currently seeking replacement hardware for your flange although the factory stuff is long enough and will work. I would like to offer it though for those that have stuck rusted stuff.

Also included in the kit is a complete parts number list for what you will need to complete the installation. It doesn't use the standard 73-87 3/4 ton rotor but it does use the same caliper, like our other kits. The rotor number will be in the kit as well as a flex line that we have been using. This is an off the shelf rotor.

Since we are still searching the hardware we don't as of yet have a fixed price but expect it will be in the $70 - $80 range provided the specialty hardware isn't ridiculous.

Pictures, well, we are not posting any pictures for now. Yep, we're gona stay just a bit vague on these for a while.

Feel free to ask your questions I will answer what I can without given away too much.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do you know any one looking for a dually Dana 70 cheap. We have one in great shape.
Key Word is cheap !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering how these kits were coming and what the pricing is going to be.
I have a 1992 Dodge Dakota with a 400 Big Block in it. I purchased a Dana 70 Dually and am wanting to put disc brakes on it. The 70 is from a 72 1/2 to 75? Ford F350.
I do work at an O'reilly auto parts store and have found different studs that will fit. I am always looking through the books looking for ways to convert lug patterns and different bolt sizes.
Right now the Dana 70 has left and right hand thread. I was thinking of keeping the pattern like that and converting the front to left and right hand 8-lug. The rotors from a 91 3/4 ton dodge bolt on to the front spindle with minor mods to the outer tie rod.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts