Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This disc conversion kit is a weld on kit that gives you a removable bracket in the end. Designed this way so you have no spacers what so ever and still have a removable bracket. You get everything you see in the photo x 2!
Both the bracket and weld flange are 3/8" thick steel, CNC cut for a precise fit! The flange is NOT threaded. So you will never have to deal with damaged threads in the flange. If a bolt or nut are to become damaged just replace and go again! Simple and effective. Hardware consists of 1/2" x 20 grade 8 bolt and nuts, Yep, they are grade 8 nyloc nuts. Loc washers are high alloy for a long lasting hold.
This kit will include the rotors as well. The rotors are not an off the shelf item. Dana 70 hubs (that we have seen) require a larger center hole than what is commonly available. Rotor availability is no problem, we have them on the shelf now! This kit uses the same caliper as our 14BFF disc conversion. A 76-78 Eldorado Caliper or a 71-87 GM 3/4 ton front rotor.
Introductory price at $140.00.
We've also added the Blazer Wraptor to the website and hope to get some more of the new stuff up soon!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
So the rotors are a "1 off" type thing. Are they based off a off the shelf item and machined to fit? I'm just wondering let's say 15 years from now I need some rotors... how would that work out?
D70s after 01.5 on Dodges are disc brake... would it not make sense to use those rotors?

Do the Caddy calipers have a parking brake setup?

I know this kit is more inline for an off road rig, but I was thinking of my 98 Ram 2500 if I don't swap the D70 for a D80.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the rotors are a "1 off" type thing. Are they based off a off the shelf item and machined to fit? I'm just wondering let's say 15 years from now I need some rotors... how would that work out?
D70s after 01.5 on Dodges are disc brake... would it not make sense to use those rotors?

Do the Caddy calipers have a parking brake setup?

I know this kit is more inline for an off road rig, but I was thinking of my 98 Ram 2500 if I don't swap the D70 for a D80.
they are based on an off the shelf item. So, 15 years from now ya call me and I'll have them or tell ya what ya need! I aint goin nowhere!:rotfl:

Yep, caddy calipers have the pbrake setup. 76-78 eldo caliper. Some of the small parts can be hard to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts