Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm looking...(needing) a front Dana 60 out of a mid 70 circa Chevy one ton.
I don't care about the gears, as I will be putting new one's in.
I heard that a Dana 60 from a Dodge in the same time frame would work, is this true? If so, I would be willing to take one of those instead. Oh ya, I need it to be a passenger side drive (details).
Thanks In Advanced!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Dodge 60's are an inch wider on the spring mounting. It can be corrected, and I don't know what you are going to be doing with it so a little more info might help.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Using the dodge 60 is easy you can just pull the springs in a bit with a ratchet strap. I don't know what you are building but if its a chevy full size and you use rear springs up front you can make up the difference with a small spacer in the shackles and the hangers

Main problem with Dodge axles is alot of them came with external hubs, some even until the late 70s still had selectro style hubs on them. A much lesser problem is many had smaller studs

If you buy one just make sure it doesn't have external hubs as it ain't cheap to convert them.

good luck with your search the deals are out there you just got to be willing to wait :thumb:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,
I'll keep waiting for good deal to come along.

cannoncrawler-Good deal, but more than I need. I will be adding gears and OX lockers.

Spring locations should not be a problem as the front is a 3-link with coil-overs. (or will be).

As far as the project details I will add a project thread and post some pics (nothing pretty yet).

Thanks Again.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
saw a front 60 on Rocky mountain extreme...I will try to find the link

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Again to all....The hunt is now over. I have found the D60.
See Ya

1 - 9 of 9 Posts