Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am wondering about rear steer and if i can put a Dana 60 front and Rear? if that would give me some serious rear steer? where can i buy these allrady built ready to go in bomb proof? who in idaho falls installs this kind of stuff...

also when i put in the Dana 60, in the front i want to upgrade to hydrulic steer, when i was at the diversion i put some serious toork on the steering, and it was almost impossiable to cut back and forth, would hydrulic steer help with cutting back and forth?

next i want to put in a doubler will this help in the mud and on the trials? ? ?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Call Steve at CBI. We can do what ever you want. I have all the stuff you are talking about on my buggy minus the rear steer. I can build you a 60 rear steer, but they are not cheap. You cannot just take a 60 front and stuff it in the rear, major modifications are necessary to the housing and knuckles. As for the hydro. steering cruise buy the shop and take a look at the set up I have on the buggy. You will be impressed. I also have the doubler installed in the buggy now, so come buy and take a look when I am there. Jason

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You could put hydro assist on it. I did mine for less then a $100. Its a ram that mounts in place of your steering stabalizer and the hoses tap into your powersteering box. Makes a huge difference in steering power.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah, I should clarify...
his Drag link is the wrong one for his application. A bolt and nut is holding it on the pitman arm, it has bends in it... Just FUBARED for his application.
First, I would fix that draglink with the right one, THEN go knock yourself out on the hydro assist.
Travis and I have talked about his draglink, so he should know what I mean when I tell him NO HYDRO.... not until more critical shit is fixed.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
That makes sense but how is the tie rod? If that setup is OK then it should be alright. If anything it would help the situation.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
who put that nut and bolt there in the drag link? AJ?????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol... Tweren't me!!!! :eek::eek::shocked:

lol... He was supposed to have his new one built and brought back to install over a year ago, and still hasn't done it!

learned alot about trusting someone else to something they're supposed to on that job!:darn: :darn:

half the time with his wild-assed ideas, I wanna smack him with a 2X4...
other half, I wanna say "go for it" just to watch what happens!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Save your pennies and do it right the FIRST time!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah the 10 bolt front is gone going to put in a Dana 60 thats why i have not dumped any more money into the front....

Jason, i want to check out that buggy you there on sundays or mondays?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Yeah man, I will be there this Sunday, and probably Monday night as well (I think) All day Sunday for sure. Come buy and check it out. GIve me a call before you come just to make sure. 243-0567.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts