Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which steering arms are you guys using on everyone who has Dana 60s how much were they and do you like them or not? :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
781 Posts
poison spyder arms, misc. other pieces and parts, I have the complete parts list for everything you will need, arms were $115 a piece, all pieces together run about $700. Parts Mike has an inverted Y kit for much less.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Off Road Design here :thumb:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
rokbrkr said:
poison spyder arms, misc. other pieces and parts, I have the complete parts list for everything you will need, arms were $115 a piece, all pieces together run about $700. Parts Mike has an inverted Y kit for much less.
Never tallied up the cost before, and I realize that I have a 44, but my steering cost:

$25 x4 TRE's
$25 x2 tubing
$10 x4 tube adapters
$89 x2 steering arms
$6 x3 studs for passenger knuckle
$2 x3 nuts for passenger knuckle
$40 mill passenger knuckle (not required for 60)
$35 Reamer
$10 rent mud mixer drill from home depot
under $500.00

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine was nearly free, just took time, a little torch gas, some drilling, and a chunk of 1/2" plate. It doesnt look as good as the ones you buy, but so far it has served it's purpose. :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will make mine except probably out of 1" think plate I have alot of lift and will be running heims all the way around so if I build the plates myself I can mount the heims in a double shear mount :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don't want to rain on everybodys parade, but steering and brakes are two things you just don't want to cut corners on. Eric, The xover system your installing today is replacing a homemade system that was scary at best. The homemade arm with no correction angle had the hiem joint maxed out on flat ground. If you have to make your own at least start with a chunk of PLATE steel that is at least thick enough you could have a machine shop mill the right taper in and still end up with at least 3/4 of an inch of meat left. I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to keep everyone safe :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still going back and forth on this one my neighbor can get me the chunk of steel I need the things that worry me the most are actually getting the 4 holes on the kingpin right and boring that hole I still need to talk to a machine shop. I am pretty sure I can cut the angle that I need into it with my bandsaw. I think that I would like to run cone washers on the 4 studs so that is more machine work. The way things are adding up I might just run the draglink up top for now and move the tie rod up later. :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts