Which Dana 60 to pick up??

• Ford Front Dana 60

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a front GM 60 thats bought and paid for that is sitting at a local wrecking yard. I have been slacking about getting over to get it picked up and yesterday I ran into him while eating lunch. He asked me when I was gonna come pick it up, then went on to tell me that he has an early 90's single wheel ford 60 sitting there too that I could take if I wanted instead.

So do I stick with the gm low pinion right drive that is a bolt up into either my blazer or suburban, or do I pick up the left drive high pinion???

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
164 Posts
YOU GET THEM BOTH...PUT THE GM 60 IN THE FRONT OF YOURS...AND TRADE THE FORD 60 FOR MY DISC BRAKE REAR CHEVY 60 :thumb:
CALL ME TODAY.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
GM

my vote goes with the GM. it will bolt right in and for the money and time it would take to fit the ford, you could upgrade the GM if you saw fit! if not then spend the money elsewhere! :thumb: but that's just my .02 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
get the HP60 and I'll sell you a 205 t-case to go with it :finger:

BTW a rear 60 isn't anywhere near worth a front 60 is even if it does have disc breaks. :deal:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Lumpdog said:
I have a front GM 60 thats bought and paid for that is sitting at a local wrecking yard. I have been slacking about getting over to get it picked up and yesterday I ran into him while eating lunch. He asked me when I was gonna come pick it up, then went on to tell me that he has an early 90's single wheel ford 60 sitting there too that I could take if I wanted instead.

So do I stick with the gm low pinion right drive that is a bolt up into either my blazer or suburban, or do I pick up the left drive high pinion???
do you want a bj or a kingpin :finger:
it would not be worth the work on your blazer in my opinion

I could help you find a good jeep home for the ford one.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
If you wanted a 241C drivers drop with mech speedo to go with the ford one, I have one I'd sell ya.... :deal: :deal: :deal:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would check the year a little more specific to make sure it is a kingpin 60 then snag it and do some horse trading. I searched for weeks trying to find a Ford 60 for my YJ. I paid $1100.00 and was HAPPY!

1988 to 1991&1/2 have kingpin. Newer than that are ball joint.

·
Registered
550 Posts
besides being cool and different, I believe that up front expense would be its biggest downfall. New t-case, driveline, possible spring mounts, shock mount, brake lines and it probably needs freshend up anyway

Biggest downer #2, hardly any aftermarket following without being custom (expensive) like shafts,35 spline outers, have to replace whole knuckle with cast in arm to do crossover, just my 2 cents.

of course I am chevy biased and have a chevy 60 waiting to be put in my rig whistle

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts