Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Dana 44 continued

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  AJ 
#1 ·
Is a 75' Dodge Ramcharger d44 different from others (currently full time 203). i havea 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern that i have contraversy on. i want to make it a 5 on 5.5? lug pattern. some say just get new ends from the knuckles out and i will be able to put locking hubs on it. i have heard that i will need to drill the rotors out. how much of a pain is that? i am wanting to stay as cheap and easy as posible. thanx for the info from 'ontherocks' and others thus far.

#2 ·
Can you get a picture of your current hubs? Must be a unit bering setup but it being 5x4.5 is odd...
You're sure this is a D44 right? You might try selling it and buying a Ford D44, hubs would be right plus you get high pinion.

#3 ·
You can do the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern on the dodge with later Dodge stuff or Ford stuff --- I have a dodge axle that I believe has all the large bolt pattern stuff on it I will check tommorow....

#4 ·
Dembones said:
Can you get a picture of your current hubs? Must be a unit bering setup but it being 5x4.5 is odd...
You're sure this is a D44 right? You might try selling it and buying a Ford D44, hubs would be right plus you get high pinion.
Dodge used the 5 on 4.5 on the full time splined front hubs that used the big nut on the end of the axle --- early stuff.....

#6 ·
Your axle housing and inner shafts are the same. It is the knuckle out that is way different for the unit bearing set up. Taking the knuckle parts off of a Ford, Dodge, and Jeep 44's and 30's with 5x5.5 will fit on your housing.

#10 ·
just saw this................

Yup I got all the parts you need. The older ones did have smaller bearings, but if ya just take everything from the knuckle out, you will be good to go. I have the rear axle too.

My front is missing the drivers side front shaft, and the rear doesnt have shafts, but make me a offer.....I will prolly take it!!!

#12 ·
Sure pays to be a vendor of used parts on this board!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.