Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Greg (trailbus) calls me up Thursday night to tell me that he has found a used lift for Alicia's FZJ80 down in Salt Lake. I finally get a hold of the guy on the phone Friday night. We close the deal on the lift, and then he mentions that he had a couple of other things for sale. :darn: So first thing Saturday morning we jump in the rig and head for the big SLC. We went down there for this:



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Dude, what a sweet deal. I always wanted to build up a 40, are all the parts and pieces there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
yeah whats the f-series? maybe I'll split gas with ya and haul em both back :drive:
 

·
Wrench Wench
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck in the back is for sale, although he didn't give me a price yet. I do have pics of it also, it is a 79 f150 shortbed 4x4 with a 460, auto, 4barrel etc. It does run well, he uses it to move trailers around his yard. He also has a 85 Four runner that is completely stock with a 22re, but a blown head gasket. He wanted $1500 for it. PM me if you want his email and some pics

The TLC has a rod knock, and the normal TLC rust, but overall it is in awesome shape! It already has a Saginaw steering gear, rear heater, bucket seats with 5 point harnesses, and dual battery kit. The previous owner was moving from SLC to Cali when the engine started making noise, so he drove it back, sold to the guy we bought it from for plane tickets. The guy we bought from hauled it home a year ago, but hasn't touched it since. I am goin to pull the drivetrain and axles. The 4.3 700 203 yota case that we already have is going in it, as well as the FJ60 axles I have in the back yard. Then the 66 FJ40 and all extra parts will be up for sale.

Been to IH8MUD.com, it's where the lift was posted :thumb: :thumb:



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Wrench Wench
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Going Postal
Joined
·
4,026 Posts
Lumpdog said:
And came home with the lift, a set of nerf bar steps for the 80, and this clean FJ40. All for $2100. Will have to go back in a couple weeks to pick up the 40, his backyard was so muddy that I didn't want to tear it up right now.
Holly Crap you scored! :shocked:



Planet | 4X4 | Forum
 

·
Wrench Wench
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Cool.

FJ40s are nice. I had one for a while, a 74 3 on the tree, etc. My roomate bought it for $300 "ran when it parked" deal and I got it running. Did a bit of body work on it and decided to sell it. Got $1000 out of the deal.

The other one is a 72 and we put a Chev 350 my roomate built into it, 4 speed cruiser trans with the 3 speed trans t case. 38" Hawgs, FJ60 power steer box, etc. Not sure if he got it going. Just before I left I welded in all the mounts and we got the motor fired up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
nate said:
Cool.

FJ40s are nice. I had one for a while, a 74 3 on the tree, etc. My roomate bought it for $300 "ran when it parked" deal and I got it running. Did a bit of body work on it and decided to sell it. Got $1000 out of the deal.

The other one is a 72 and we put a Chev 350 my roomate built into it, 4 speed cruiser trans with the 3 speed trans t case. 38" Hawgs, FJ60 power steer box, etc. Not sure if he got it going. Just before I left I welded in all the mounts and we got the motor fired up.
Sure it was a 74, 74s had 4 speed trannys and cases?
The 72, is that Dustins ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
Alicia,
Alpha Female (Phyllis) here!!!
I am sooooooo jealous!!! I haven't had the DAWG on the road for years (it WILL be after this race season, if I have anything to say about it). We actually took the DAWG off the street (and in doing so, the trail) :drive: because I kept getting in trouble street-racing it. I never lost!!

Looks great!! Have fun!!!:beer: :beer: :beer:

We saw a new 2007 FJ this last week end up close and personal. Not too bad. Has potential but I don't know if we will ever have another "new" rig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Maybe I got them mixed up. They were the same color and everything.


ranger said:
Sure it was a 74, 74s had 4 speed trannys and cases?
The 72, is that Dustins ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Lumpdog said:
The TLC has a rod knock, and the normal TLC rust, but overall it is in awesome shape! It already has a Saginaw steering gear, rear heater, bucket seats with 5 point harnesses, and dual battery kit. The previous owner was moving from SLC to Cali when the engine started making noise, so he drove it back, sold to the guy we bought it from for plane tickets. The guy we bought from hauled it home a year ago, but hasn't touched it since. I am goin to pull the drivetrain and axles. The 4.3 700 203 yota case that we already have is going in it, as well as the FJ60 axles I have in the back yard. Then the 66 FJ40 and all extra parts will be up for sale.

Been to IH8MUD.com, it's where the lift was posted :thumb: :thumb:
What year is the FJ you picked up (74,75)? Why put the 60 axles in it, they are geared 3:73, the stock 40 axles are 4:11s. Unless the 60 axles are already regeared?
How much are you going to sell the 66 FJ for, I am going to need another project when I get down there in june?
 

·
Wrench Wench
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top