Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't 4X4 tech but it's diff tech, does it still count?

Basically, I'm wondering if the 5 lug shafts from a 2wd 10B will work with a 4wd 10B housing and diff? Sorry for the newb ? but I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to corporate stuff. I don't know anything about spline counts for these things.

I'm looking to get some ~3.73s in the rear of my 82' GMC 2wd and figured it'd be easier to find a 4wd 10B with these already in it.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I might have a 12b with 3.73's in it out of a 77 2wd I will have to pull the cover and check the ratio if you want.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've done exactly that on 12 bolts. I dont see why 10 bolts would be any different.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sandman said:
I've done exactly that on 12 bolts. I dont see why 10 bolts would be any different.
That's good to know. I may have to go this route if the rear Jack has doesn't pan out.

Jack, I replied to the other thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Owyhee Rock Man said:
If you plan on wheeling with big tires I would recomend a 12 bolt or a 44D.
Nah, this pickup will never see dirt again. It's an 82' 2wd SWB that I just spent the last three months painting and "restoring". The tag on the original 10B is gone but near as I can figure with a gear caluculator it's got ~2.50 gears in it. It runs 1400 RPM @ 70 MPH with 27" tall tires in OD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts